Agricultural Data Coordinator-2001545 We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, citizenship, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, disability status, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world's leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment with a strong emphasis on process safety, as well as the safety of our employees and the communities we operate in and are always working to form the best team--especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine in 2020 as one of America's Best Employers. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Agricultural Data Coordinator (2001545) - Research Triangle Park, NC
Where the Chemistry Happens
We are seeking a professional like you to join our team. In this role, you will be responsible for supporting a large North American user group utilizing proprietary global field biology data management and analysis software systems. You will provide key technical support for the US and Canada Biology groups to ensure proper field data collection, integration and management. In addition, as part of the US Biology team, you will provide home office, field biology, lab and greenhouse group operational support for intranet, collaboration and communication tools, as well as historical information repositories.
You will be expected to engage and leverage Corporate, regional and global resources and teams to ensure regional R&D requirements are met. You will be a core member of global system development team and be responsible for collaboration, communication and managing regional vendors and representing regional field data groups. You will report into the Knowledge Systems group manager and actively support the field research efforts in North America.
Qualifications - BASF recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent
For mula for Success
* Your ability to represent North American Biology R&D will be a valued asset as you provide global field trial data software systems support and development teams.
* Familiarity with Crop Protection R&D operations, data collection and analysis will enable you to be an effective team member.
* A working knowledge of ARM (Agricultural Research Manager) software and relational database operation and design will be essential as you support the Biology R&D field data system.
* Using your willingness to adapt to different levels of user technical expertise, you will support a community of 100-200 people in North America.
* Utilizing your proficiency in the use of Microsoft tools, you will collaborate and communicate to supporting the operations of the US Biology group.
* Leveraging experience in using web-design software and Microsoft tools, you will publish and distribute software instructions and documentation to support the North American user community.
* Demonstrating your robust problem-solving skills, you will test and troubleshoot software applications and develop solutions to problems or improve group effectiveness.
* Providing support to a wide variety of users throughout the region, you will prepare easy-to-follow and concise instructions for systems supported by the Knowledge Systems group.
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support you--the whole you--in all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you'll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
BASF provides interesting and challenging learning and development opportunities to help you make the most of your talents and your job.
At BASF, we create chemistry – and have been doing so for 150 years. Our portfolio ranges from chemicals, plastics, performance products and crop protection products to oil and gas. As the world’s leading chemical company, we combine economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility. Through science and innovation, we enable our customers in nearly every industry to meet the current and future needs of society. Our products and solutions contribute to conserving resources, ensuring nutrition and improving quality of life. We have summed up this contribution in our corporate purpose: We create chemistry for a sustainable future.