Under minimal supervision, provides the technical leadership and guidance for the future use of existing applications systems ensuring support of the company's business objectives and requirements. Interact with the Manager of Information Systems as well as other staff to foster an open and collaborative style of communication. Assists with development of solution architecture, implementation plans, and software development for meeting all software and application needs of the organization. The incumbent maintains accurate architecture drawings & documentation, functional & design documentation, and process documentation. This position requires someone who is forward looking, anticipating future requirements, trends, and changes to ensure high level of customer satisfaction and application stability. This includes being hands on and responsible for the functionality, procedures, processes, and overall quality of each application. This position will have extensive interface with all functional areas as well as Product Managers and existing vendors in order to ensure timely and quality systems.
1. Maintains an open & adequate dialogue with the business to ensure that everyone understands the strategic and operational direction of the Managed Care IS department.
2. Fosters and maintains an expectation for excellence in Customer Service focused on problem solving
3. Perform triage, research and\or analysis when there are system issues and work to resolution.
4. Aides in the organization & control of the planning and resourcing for support and maintenance of the Denver Health Managed Care software systems.
5. Produce & maintain architectural designs for all software solutions currently in use by Managed Care
6. Produce & maintain process documentation associated to architectures.
7. Work with Vendors on upcoming system upgrades to their systems with an eye on taking advantage of new technologies and\or processes.
8. Assist development team(s) in coming up with solutions that meet requirements and implement best practices.
9. Perform Code Reviews to insure best practices are being met.
10. Interacts with Managed Care management and staff on IS needs and projects.
11. Oversees project work related to their specific application groups ensuring that business goals are met, issues are resolved in a timely manner and standard project management practices are followed.
12. Mentors and acts as a role model for continuous improvement approach utilizing Lean methodologies; identifies actual/potential problems; utilizes innovative problem solving techniques; exhibits commitment to problem resolution and provides follow-up.
13. Develops and maintains working relationships with vendors.
14. Works with vendors to augment DH staff for large projects and help negotiate competitive professional service rates.
15. Supports and provides leadership for other IS initiatives and assigned special projects.
16. Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
1. Ability to standardize processes and procedures with solid communication skills.
2. Ability to provide information to supervisors and co-workers by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person.
3. Ability to stay up-to-date technically and apply new knowledge to the job.
4. Ability to use Visio to produce architectures\designs
Computers and Technology
1. Ability to create and run SQL queries, review .Net based code, manage vendor resources and leveraging vendor supplied documentation
2. Technical understanding of various software technologies, tools and platforms.
3. Knowledge of specific Health Insurance industry IT applications is preferred.
4. Skills in compiling, coding, categorizing, calculating, tabulating, auditing, or verifying information or data.
5. Computer skills required. Must be well versed in using and working with Windows based systems. Linux knowledge a plus.
Certificates, Licenses and Registration
1. PMI, Scrum, AWS or other cloud based development or architectural certificates preferred.
1. Bachelor's degree required. Concentration in Information Systems, Business or Healthcare related field preferred.
2. Five years' experience in Information Systems required. Experience maintaining or implementing software applications in a medium to large Health Insurance environment or Application Support at an enterprise system level preferred.
3. Software development experience preferred.
All job applicants for safety-sensitive positions must pass a pre-employment drug test, once a conditional offer of employment has been made.
Denver Health is an integrated, efficient, high-quality academic health care system that is considered a model for the nation. The Denver Health system includes the Rocky Mountain Regional Level I Trauma Center, a 525-bed acute care medical center, Denver's 911 emergency medical response system, 8 family health centers, 15 school-based health centers, the Rocky Mountain Poison and Drug Center, the Denver Public Health Department, an HMO, and The Denver Health Foundation.
As Colorado's primary safety net institution, Denver Health is a mission-driven organization that has provided more than $3.3 billion in care for the uninsured in the last ten years. Denver Health is a leader in performance and quality improvements and remains financially secure, in part, due to its nationally recognized implementation of lean principles in healthcare. Denver Health is a major resource to the community, serving approximately 185,000 individuals and 67,000 children a year.
Located just south of downtown Denver, Denver Health is just minutes away from many of the cultural and recreational activities Denver has to offer.
We strongly support diversity in the workforce and Denver Health is an equal opportunity employer (EOE).
"Denver Health is committed to provide equal treatment and equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees. Denver Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class."
Internal Number: 2370
About Denver Health
Take your career to the next level at Denver Health, where we offer a robust benefits package and endless opportunities for growth. Denver Health is a nationally-ranked, locally-trusted, premier healthcare institution located in the heart of Denver, Colorado.Twenty-five percent of all Denver residents, or approximately 150,000 individuals, receive their health care here. We are known as an integrated health care system that encompasses multidisciplinary academic specialties, a community health system, a level I adult trauma center, pediatric emergency and urgent care center home to Denver Public Health and many of the nation’s leaders in medicine.