Sr. Financial Analyst - Functions - Research Triangle Park, NC
September 23, 2020
Sr. Financial Analyst - Functions - Research Triangle Park, NC-2002173 We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, citizenship, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, disability status, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
At BASF , we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world's leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment with a strong emphasis on process safety, as well as the safety of our employees and the communities we operate in and are always working to form the best team--especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine in 2020 as one of America's Best Employers. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Sr. Financial Analyst - Functions (2002173) - Research Triangle Park, NC
This role will also be responsible for setting up and maintaining APN internal cost allocations, understanding and analyzing platform cost allocations and services across Crop Protection and Seeds North America, to bring transparency around services provided.
The ability to identify and interpret trends, business opportunities, and develop recommendations that bring transparency & innovative solutions which contribute to business decisions, will be key.
You will have close interaction, supporting projects and budget tracking within Regional Marketing, working directly with the broader APN Supply Chain Operations team, also leading into site analysis, effectiveness initiatives, capital investment projects, as well as providing regional support in understanding COGS development, in close collaboration with the Global APT Performance Management Team. You will be tasked with ensuring that internal processes meet all compliance requirements. Although not required, solid and recognized know-how in your field of expertise, with experience in the chemical and/or Agricultural industry a plus, as well as demonstrated "power user" SAP and digital tools (e.g. PowerBI, Tableau) experience will be a valued asset in the role.
This position reports directly to the Functional Controller within Agricultural Solutions North America.
Travel for the role is expected to be up to 25%, subject to business needs and changing requirements.
Qualifications - BASF recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent
For mula for Success
* Leveraging your education in Business, Finance, Accounting or Economics (CPA/CMA considered a strong plus) and your relevant finance/controlling experience, you will be responsible for cost controlling activities of APN functional areas, including forecasting and annual budgeting support.
* Your excellent strategic and analytical thinking, with the ability to challenge, present new ideas, drive change and influence decisions will be essential as you analyze trends, identify efficiencies and be an active business partner while contributing to business steering decisions.
* Your effective communication, presentation, collaboration, and interpersonal skills, as well as your ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships across functions and businesses will serve you well as you support regional operations in all financial topics, including business case analysis, effectiveness initiatives and understanding of regional COGS development, in close collaboration with the Global APT Performance Management team.
* Being a strong self-starter who pays close attention to all details, you will identify trends, question abnormalities and proactively resolve outlying data points.
* Your proficiency in computer skills, global reporting tools and ability to drive digitization, automation and simplification will aid you as you oversee functional cost allocations within APN and bring transparency and understanding of the platform cost allocations and services provided to AP in North America.
* Utilizing your strong entrepreneurial drive with proven ability to initiate, lead and execute process improvements, you will proactively identify and implement opportunities for key process and cost efficiencies to improve overall business/financial operations.
* Having the agility to manage complex business requirements, ad-hoc initiatives and projects, you will provide ad-hoc support of key business, regional and/or global initiatives and projects.
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support you--the whole you--in all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you'll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
BASF provides interesting and challenging learning and development opportunities to help you make the most of your talents and your job.
Primary Location: US-NC-Research Triangle Park
Function: CONT - Controlling
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job
Organization: N-APN/F-Ag Products N. America-63000109
Internal Number: 631320
About BASF Corporation
At BASF, we create chemistry – and have been doing so for 150 years. Our portfolio ranges from chemicals, plastics, performance products and crop protection products to oil and gas. As the world’s leading chemical company, we combine economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility. Through science and innovation, we enable our customers in nearly every industry to meet the current and future needs of society. Our products and solutions contribute to conserving resources, ensuring nutrition and improving quality of life. We have summed up this contribution in our corporate purpose: We create chemistry for a sustainable future.