The University of Texas Permian Basin welcomes applicants for the position of Institutional Research Analyst. Reporting to the Executive Director of Institutional Research and Strategic Analytics, the Institutional Research Analyst will work with offices, academic departments, and departments/programs to design and implement effective and sustainable assessment efforts. The IR Analyst will support data collection and analysis for campus-wide assessment activities and institutional surveys; compile required federal/state reporting and report assessment data to improve institutional services, programs, and student learning; and, supports activities related to institutional accreditation.
• Oversee a coordinated, institution-wide process for the development, review, and measurement of program and student learning outcomes assessment that is consistent with the expectations of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC)
• Assist in the design and implementation of surveys and assessment tools, as needed
• Analyze institutional and other data using statistical techniques appropriate to an educational research setting
• Administer the assessment management process that faculty and staff use to submit assessment reports
• Develop reports that contribute to institutional improvement of programs, policies, processes, services, and student learning
• Support institution-wide assessment activities through design, implementation, analysis, and reporting of results
• Support institutional accreditation efforts
• Build and maintain effective and productive partnerships across the university
• Other duties, as assigned
WORK SCHEDULE: This is an exempt 12-month position and the expected work schedule is Monday through Friday. As an exempt employee, this schedule may vary based on the number of hours needed to meet the job responsibilities. The individual holding this position may need to be available early mornings, evenings and weekends to meet the needs of the office.
The University offers an excellent compensation package which includes a broad range of employee benefits including free health insurance (employee only) as well as a generous retirement program. We invite you to learn more at www.utpb.edu.
HOW TO APPLY:
All applicants must submit a UTPB electronic application in order to be considered. Link to posting at the UTPB Careers site: https://utpb.peopleadmin.com/postings/2707.
Please include all required documents with your submission.
Unofficial transcripts of all college work are acceptable for purposes of the application. Official transcripts are required upon hire.
The University of Texas of the Permian Basin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Women and underrepresented groups are encouraged to apply.
UTPB participates in e-Verify.
• Bachelor’s degree with higher education experience and a learning and assessment background, qualitative and quantitative research skills, and experience with statistical applications; Master's degree preferred
• Experience with assessment techniques, Word, Excel, and statistical analysis software (SAS)
• Ability to work independently with minimal or no supervision; take initiative; and handle emergencies professionally and effectively
• Ability to pass a criminal background check
Internal Number: S301P
About University of Texas Permian Basin
The only university named after a geological formation, The University of Texas Permian Basin is a University of Texas System institution, which includes nine academic universities and six health institutions statewide. Surrounded by one of the largest oilfields in the country, UTPB is home to over 5,500 students and approximately 250 teaching faculty. Located in Odessa, Texas, the University has an impact of nearly $250 million on the regional economy and is recognized for its affordability, awarding roughly $15 million in financial aid annually. With 35 undergraduate and 18 graduate programs of study to choose from – as well as the flexibility of fully on-line undergraduate and graduate degree programs – the University consistently ranks among the top 5 Texas public universities for students employed or accepted in graduate/professional school within one year of graduation. At UTPB, you get it all: the small-campus feel with the might of The University of Texas System.
As a regional, comprehensive institution, The University of Texas Permian Basin serves a diverse community of students from the region, the state, and beyond. Through excellence in student-centered teaching, lear...ning, research, and public service, the University cultivates engaged citizens and impacts lives while advancing technology and the public interests of West Texas. The University aspires to be a vibrant student-focused center of excellence for learning, culture, and economic development, preparing students for leadership and success in a complex and changing world. We invite you to learn more about us at: www.utpb.edu.
The University of Texas Permian Basin values the great variety of intellectual and cultural perspectives that contribute to our success. We strongly believe that our future depends heavily on our ability to embrace diversity and leverage the strength of inclusion. The University prohibits unlawful discrimination against a person because of their race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, sexual orientation and gender identity. The University's commitment to equal opportunity extends its nondiscrimination protections to gender expression. The Office of Human Resources prohibits discrimination on the basis of a disability. If you require an accommodation in the application process, please contact the Human Resources Department at 432-552-2747. Note: The Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986 requires The University of Texas Permian Basin to employ only U.S. citizens and aliens authorized to work in the U.S. New employees must present documents verifying identity and right to accept employment.
UTPB participates in E-Verify.