Senior Lab Leader - Insecticide Formulation Development
October 11, 2020
Senior Lab Leader - Insecticide Formulation Development-2002277 We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, citizenship, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, disability status, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world's leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation. We achieve this through our commitment to continuous improvement and operational excellence, which gives us the opportunity to set and deliver on ambitious, long-term goals.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment with a strong emphasis on process safety, as well as the safety of our employees and the communities we operate in and are always working to form the best team--especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development. This allows for our employees to innovate and generate new ideas, put them into action, and gain insights from them to further advance our collective expertise.
And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine in 2020 as one of America's Best Employers. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Senior Lab Leader - Insecticide Formulation Development (2002277) - Research Triangle Park, NC
Where the Chemistry Happens
We are seeking a professional like you to lead the Formulation Development lab for insecticides. In this role, your main focus will be to manage lab activities for the development, registration and manufacturing of new products and formulations for Crop Protection and advise on their use to broaden the market and increase business results.
This is an excellent opportunity for you to demonstrate your performance management experience as a supervisor and your experience as a change agent for strategic direction of a functional group within formulation development. You will also share your serious safety focus, attention to detail, problem solving and decision-making skills, as well as your proficient computer skills and experience using various IT systems and databases relevant to formulation technology (LIMS, SAP, JMP, DOE, ELN).
Qualifications - BASF recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent
Formula for Success
* Leveraging your education in a scientific discipline (preferably Chemistry) and your practical industrial experience in a R&D environment, you will develop, lead and implement detailed, often complex, formulation R&D programs that are consistent with approved business cases for active ingredients and formulations.
* Demonstrating your formulation development experience (preferably in the Crop Protection industry), you will lead formulation R&D projects, both regional and global, to achieve company objectives and communicate project status through technical reports and presentations.
* Your strong written and verbal communication skills will serve you well as you liaise closely with stakeholders from Sales, Marketing, Biology, Regulatory, Operations and Manufacturing to understand business needs and determine the best formulation development path forward.
* Relying on your thorough knowledge of formulation (granulation, emulsion, encapsulation, adjuvantation) and application technologies (spray, drift, wash-off, uptake, tank-mix, in-furrow) based on practical use of physical chemistry properties and methods, you will design, conduct and interpret experiments and studies to advance formulation development while ensuring registerability and manufacturability of the developed products.
* Acting as a customer advocate, both internal and external, you will be the primary point of contact for ensuring formulation procedures and results are executed in an effective and timely manner while in full compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
* Your proven ability to lead, plan, coordinate and complete research projects on difficult problems with cross-functional teams will be critical as you work cooperatively with Sales, Manufacturing, Registration, and Field personnel in furnishing technical assistance to resolve issues related to regulatory compliance, manufacturing operations, QA/QC conformance management, and/or to solve field or other problems that might affect company relations with customers or regulatory agencies.
* Applying your track record of innovation, as well as application of cutting-edge technology, you will utilize existing and implement new formulation and application technologies within a development program to foster innovation across the formulation community.
* Possessing a demonstrated record of achievement for formulation research and development from discovery to commercialization phases, you will participate in the scale-up and launch of the developed products by transfer of formulation know-how to Regulatory and Manufacturing as part of Product Launch Excellence.
* Your experience in leadership of self and others through mentoring and development will be essential as you train, mentor, develop and supervise lab personnel.
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. you@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support you--the whole you--in all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you'll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
BASF provides interesting and challenging learning and development opportunities to help you make the most of your talents and your job.
At BASF, we create chemistry – and have been doing so for 150 years. Our portfolio ranges from chemicals, plastics, performance products and crop protection products to oil and gas. As the world’s leading chemical company, we combine economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility. Through science and innovation, we enable our customers in nearly every industry to meet the current and future needs of society. Our products and solutions contribute to conserving resources, ensuring nutrition and improving quality of life. We have summed up this contribution in our corporate purpose: We create chemistry for a sustainable future.