Owner Representative / Project Manager - manages all aspects of "Hyperscale Data Center & greenfield construction projects. Location is Charleston, SC.
*This is not a remote role. Candidate would need to be in the Charleston, SC Area.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Work with the assigned scheduler to create and establish the Master Project Schedule, based on the Critical
Path and Key Project Milestones, then update and enforce team compliance during project life.
* Create and establish the Master Project Budget, including soft costs and hard costs, bonds, insurance,
contingencies, allowances, etc.
* Contractor and subcontractor pre-qualification, bid solicitation, bid analysis and recommendations
* Contract negotiation, typically in concert with the Client's DCS RM and legal counsel, including establishment
of design consultants and all GC "business terms" including mark-ups, fees, insurance, labor rates,
* Design Team coordination to Client's pre-determined Design Guidelines and standards
* Assist with City and/or other Authority approvals process, permitting, etc.
* Constructability review of the project documents
* Value Engineering - proactively identify ways to perform work more efficiently, effectively, and for less money
* Project financial management including: Cash flow projections, pay application and change order review and
* Assist clients in identifying, scoping, buying-out and scheduling all Owner-direct vendors, equipment
suppliers, consultants, including internal vendors (IT, security, etc.)
Construction & Project Administration
* Manage General Contractor including compliance with construction contracts, contract budget, changes,
payment terms, schedule management, and all other responsibilities within their construction contract.
* Cost Management / Change Control, including invoice review, change order review, negotiations,
recommendations, and delay analysis. Define project risk and track and share with clients in real time.
* Budget Management, tracking, schedule monitoring and analysis
* Document control (track and coordinate addenda, bulletins, new drawing sets, clarifications, etc.)
* QA/QC assistance- supervise consultants as needed
* Site Safety Monitoring & Reporting
* Invoice / Payment Application processing, tracking and reporting
* Tracking of all key project documents, submittals, RFI's, change orders, invoices and payments, lien
* Coordination and management of all Owner-direct vendors, consultants and internal Vendors
* Regular updating of Master Project Budget, Schedule and Project Cash Flow through life of project
* Commissioning: Oversee the Commissioning Plan and the Commissioning process to completion and final
reporting and document closeout. Know the 5 levels of Data Center Commissioning,...enforce compliance.
* Perform job walks (building and site) on a regular basis to and monitor safety, quality and progress payments
on an as needed basis. In some cases this will be a daily activity. This may include walking up multiple
flights of stairs and/or scaffolding.
Close out / Fit Up
* Initiate and oversee the entire close out process prior to project completion.
* Establish close out documentation requirements. Support the DCC team in the collection and tracking
receipt of all closeout documents until completion, including warranties, "as-builts", O&M manuals, etc.
* Manage punch list, substantial completion and final completion process
* Negotiate, resolve and close out any outstanding change orders, quality issues or disputes
* Process and track any final invoices, payment applications, retention payments, etc
* Prepare and submit final project accounting and budget
Other duties as assigned.
No formal supervisory responsibilities in this position. May provides informal assistance such as technical guidance, and/or training to coworkers. May lead project teams and/or plan, and supervise assignments of lower level employees.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree in Architecture, Engineering, Construction Management, or related field. Minimum four or more years' construction administration, architecture, engineering or similar experience.
Desired : Possess demonstrated ability to oversee vendor compliance to construction
agreements, while also having the ability to manage the overall project budget & schedule for large, complex
Desired : Strong knowledge of MEP construction management with a proven track record of managing multi million dollar capital projects.
CERTIFICATES and/or LICENSES
Licensure as either a Professional Engineer or Registered Architect is desired.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Strong organizational and analytical skills. Ability to provide efficient, timely, reliable and courteous service to customers. Ability to effectively present information.
Requires advanced knowledge of financial terms and principles. Ability to calculate intermediate figures such as percentages, discounts, and commissions. Conducts advanced financial analysis.
Ability to comprehend, analyze, and interpret complex documents. Ability to solve problems involving several options in situations. Requires advanced analytical and quantitative skills.
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES
Intermediate skills with Microsoft Office Suite. Ability to read and understand architectural drawings. Knowledge in MS Project, leases, contracts, and construction practices.
Knowledge of the entitlement/permitting process and construction delivery methods and agreements. Familiarity with construction best practices, general building codes, and various building types and systems. Passion for being detail oriented and highly organized.
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY
Decisions made with thorough understanding of procedures, company policies, and business practices to achieve general results and deadlines. Responsible for setting work unit and/or project deadlines. Errors in judgment may cause short-term impact to department.
Internal Number: 20026840
With broader and deeper capabilities than any other company, CBRE is the leading full-service real estate services and investment organization in the world.
CBRE Group, Inc. is the world’s largest commercial real estate services and investment firm, with 2017 revenues of $14.2 billion and more than 80,000 employees (excluding affiliate offices). CBRE has been included in the Fortune 500 since 2008, ranking #214 in 2017. It also has been voted the industry’s top brand by the Lipsey Company for 17 consecutive years, and has been named one of Fortune’s “Most Admired Companies” in the real estate sector for six years in a row. Its shares trade on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol “CBRE.”
CBRE offers a broad range of integrated services, including facilities, transaction and project management; property management; investment management; appraisal and valuation; property leasing; strategic consulting; property sales; mortgage services and development services.