Business Development Manager-2002613 We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, citizenship, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, disability status, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
At BASF , we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world's leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation. We achieve this through our commitment to continuous improvement and operational excellence, which gives us the opportunity to set and deliver on ambitious, long-term goals.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment with a strong emphasis on process safety, as well as the safety of our employees and the communities we operate in and are always working to form the best team--especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development. This allows for our employees to innovate and generate new ideas, put them into action, and gain insights from them to further advance our collective expertise.
And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work.
BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine in 2020 as one of America's Best Employers. We strongly support the spirit of collaboration through effectively involving team members and colleagues from other relevant units when developing and executing strategies and projects. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Business Development Manager (2002613) - Florham Park, NJ
Where the Chemistry Happens
In our Plastic Additives business, we are a leading global business with its North America Regional Headquarters in Florham Park, NJ, dedicated to producing high-value properties for its customers' products. We strive to be the partner of choice for our customers, offering them innovative products and one-stop expert service. We create properties that improve the quality of life - adding performance, protection, and strength to plastic articles in applications such as agricultural films, synthetic fibers, automobiles, building materials, and much more. Plastic Additives business is active in more than 100 countries around the world and is committed to be a leader in its chosen markets.
We are seeking a highly motivated professional like you to join our team. Reporting to the Sales Downstream and Business Development Manager in North America and working from our Florham Park office, you will successfully help grow the Plastic Additives portfolio (>$300M in sales). As the key market interface to sales, product management and customers in North America (US, Mexico, Canada), you will lead the business development activities including product introduction and commercialization in North America.
Travel for this role is estimated to be up to 50% of the time.
Qualifications - BASF recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent
Formula for Success
* As a market expert, you will serve as the key market contact/resource for Plastic Additives in North America and the key liaison with the global Industry Segment Manager group.
* Utilizing your strong financial and analytical skills to support business and new product development projects, you will be responsible for identifying and implementing business opportunities for sales, supporting and further developing existing/new approaches including product launch, business case development, marketing communications, and methods to capture needs and unmet needs from the market.
* Your solid organizational skills will serve you well as you lead all Sustainability activities across the industries and track the value created, by being the focal point for all Sustainability related topics in N-EVP. You will also ensure alignment of KPI's and strategy for all internal and external stakeholders.
* Applying your strong leadership ability, you will lead all innovation activities including product introductions, pipeline growth and management and driving projects to commercialization.
* Demonstrating your self-motivated work style, you will drive innovation of existing products into new applications and close gaps in product offerings to the market.
* Working jointly with the Industry Segment Manager and Product Management, you will prioritize and maximize value driven projects that support future trends and needs in the industry.
* Your strong customer focus will be evident as you participate in Customer Innovation Meetings and cross-BU activities to better understand and drive unmet needs.
* Leveraging your bachelors degree or higher education in science or business (preferably in Marketing, Business Development and/or Product Management), you will implement and manage the regional business relevant innovation activities.
* Your excellent interpersonal communication skills, including influencing, presentation, reporting, and relationship building abilities will be essential as you drive sales resulting from new products and / or applications.
This position is part of a job family. The successful candidates will be hired at a level that matches their knowledge, skills, abilities and experience.
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support you--the whole you--in all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you'll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
BASF provides interesting and challenging learning and development opportunities to help you make the most of your talents and your job.
Primary Location: US-NJ-Florham Park
Function: MARK - Marketing
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job
Organization: N-EVP/ND-Sales Downstream & Business Development-63001204
Internal Number: 637004
About BASF Corporation
At BASF, we create chemistry – and have been doing so for 150 years. Our portfolio ranges from chemicals, plastics, performance products and crop protection products to oil and gas. As the world’s leading chemical company, we combine economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility. Through science and innovation, we enable our customers in nearly every industry to meet the current and future needs of society. Our products and solutions contribute to conserving resources, ensuring nutrition and improving quality of life. We have summed up this contribution in our corporate purpose: We create chemistry for a sustainable future.