ACORD Solutions Group (ASG) is the member-owned extension of ACORD, the leading standards body for the global insurance industry. We are uniquely positioned to provide InsurTech solutions which increase the value of data for all insurance stakeholders, regardless of size, geography, or legacy constraints.
At ASG, you will experience the best of both worlds – the energy and innovation of an InsurTech startup, within the legacy and stability of a respected industry institution. You will work with a dynamic and diverse team of professionals, both from within and outside the insurance industry, to create solutions that will be used by industry leaders worldwide.
Reporting directly to the Director, Development; the Senior Developer will cultivate and maintain a variety of client, server and web-based applications. As an integral member of the team, they must be experienced, goal-orientated, and a self-motivated team player with the ability to work well in a small group.
· Ability to quickly learn and work on new technologies and implement POC
· Assist with ad-hoc reporting and special requests;
· Deliver high-quality systems and meet project deadlines
· Design, develop, test, debug and document programs that meet user needs and specifications
· Gather, organize and manage information/requirements from users and various levels of management
· Maintain and improve existing programs
· Work on a variety of projects (multi-task)
· Work with IT to help design and implement tools and services needed to support the business
ACORD Solutions Group (ASG) was formed in 2016 as an industry-owned extension of ACORD, the standards-setting body for the global insurance industry. ASG delivers end-to-end, enterprise-class solutions to optimize the cost, speed, and accuracy of consistent data exchange.
At ASG, we envision the seamless integration of solutions and services that permit straight-through processing and real-time information sharing. By maintaining an ongoing dialogue with stakeholders across the industry, we generate scalable solutions that bring insurance automation and digitization to the next level.
Insurance stakeholders are unique, globally distributed, and legacy-constrained. ASG facilitates integration while bridging the gap between legacy capabilities and strategic modernization. Learn more at www.acordsolutions.com.
Education & Essential Skills
· Ability to think “out-of-the-box”
· Ability to think analytically and complete projects with minimal supervision
· Agile development methodology including DevOps model
· At least five years of development experience
· Basic understanding of BigData technologies like Hadoop HDFS, MapReduce, PIG, Hive etc.
· BS in Computer Science of Information Systems
· Excellent prioritization, planning, organization, time management and multitasking skills
· Excellent verbal and written skills with the ability to communicate clearly and be easily understood
· Good attention to detail and ability to produce work quickly, accurately, and independently
· Integration – take disparate applications, data sources and get them to work together
· Must be able to take direction and execute instructions
· Passion for the job\technologies.
· Proficiency in Java and J2EE technology stack
· QA and Testing Tools and Methodologies
· Self-motivated, energetic and with a very positive attitude
· Strong understanding of object oriented design and programming principles
· Troubleshooting – debugging, problem solving
· Development experience with Amazon Web Services(AWS) including experience working on EC2, Lambda, S3, RDS, CloudWatch
· Development experience with relational databases, notably Oracle, MS SQL, MS Access and NoSQL databases like DynamoDB
· Experience in design and development of APIs including serverless micro services based on RESTful service. Knowledge of open API specification (Swagger)
· Experience in design and development of SOA services using SOAP (JAX-WS), REST (JAX-RS) and SOAP/JMS with extensive knowledge of specifications like WSSecurity, WS-Policy, JAXB, MTOM
· Experience in Text Analytics using technologies like Apache Lucene(Solr), Stanford NLP, Weka machine learning library
· Experience in using ORM based technologies like Hibernate and JPA in Java/J2EE applications
· Experience with code management and automation tools like GIT, Jenkins, Maven.
· Experience with working on webservers and application servers like Tomcat, Jboss, Websphere
Additional Salary Information: Contract to Permanent
Eligible for Annual Bonus based on performance
Based in New York, ACORD (Association for Cooperative Operations Research and Development) is a global, nonprofit insurance association whose mission is to facilitate the development and use of standards for the insurance, reinsurance and related financial services industries. With offices in London as well, ACORD accomplishes its mission by remaining an objective, independent advocate for sharing information among diverse platforms. ACORD Standards and services improve efficiency and expand market reach. Affiliated with ACORD are hundreds of insurance and reinsurance companies, and thousands of agents and brokers, related financial services organizations, software providers, and industry organizations worldwide.