Your day to day will involve systems support, trouble shooting, root cause analysis and inter-system validation. Those activities will involve reading logs from a variety of sources, working with business teams, and assimilating that data into a clear picture of the events that led to the issue or confirms validations. At times you will need to assist with driving the vendor to provide the data and\or perform the analysis and provide you the results for your final review. Your root cause analysis will lead to requirements development in order to close the loop on the issues and potentially automate the final solution.There will also be project based work which will need to be incrementally worked with documentation of progress and milestones being met on time and on budget. You will work with internal business users to obtain and document business requirements and work within your team to translate them to the appropriate technical requirements, process flows, and workflows for systems implementation being sure to document your results. You may assist with design documents to submit necessary requests to the vendor. You will work with the configuration team to develop improved process flows and documentation. You will leverage basic scripting skills to write SQL scripts and\or for triage purposes. You will be working PHI data and will follow HIPAA regulations to ensure the data is safe and secure at all times.
1. Assist with developing high-level functional & non-functional requirements
2. Assist with developing standards for documentation, processes, development and workflows
3. Assist with development and documentation of detailed business, system, and \or workflow requirements
7. Assist with documenting and developing existing business process workflows
8. Assist with development and updating of any training materials.
9. Provide status reporting
10. Assist in development of test cases and scenarios
11. Assist with or perform testing activities as needed
12. Support go-live events as needed
13. Conduct post-implementation review to ensure all requirements have been met
14. Participate in design review sessions related to new requirements
15. Promotes positive interpersonal (customer) relationships with fellow employees, physicians, patients and visitors. Treats these individuals with courtesy, dignity, empathy and respect; consistently displays courteous and respectful verbal and non-verbal communications.
16. Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
1. Bachelor's Degree required. Concentration in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business or Healthcare Related field preferred.
2. Two years of related business experience as an analyst on multiple projects with a variety of complexities, including application upgrades/implementations and testing.
3. In lieu of a Bachelor's degree:
a. Associate's degree and 5 years related experience required.
b. High school diploma or GED and 8 years related experience required.
4. Experience with Healthcare Payer systems preferred.
5. Experience with TriZetto QNXT or another enterprise claims adjudication system, enrollment system and\or care management system preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
1. Knowledge of medical terminology, health insurance, Medicaid, and\or Medicare preferred.
2. Possess effective written and verbal communication skills and ability to work independently with minimal supervision, yet you also have an ability to work within a team.
Computers and Technology
1. Sound knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, Visio and Microsoft SharePoint.
2. Basic level ability to develop SQL scripts for MS SQL Server.
3. Basic understanding of various software technologies, tools and platforms.
4. Skills in compiling, coding, categorizing, calculating, tabulating, auditing, or verifying information or data.
Denver Health Medical Plan
Work Type Full time
All job applicants for safety-sensitive positions must pass a pre-employment drug test, once a conditional offer of employment has been made.
Denver Health is an integrated, efficient, high-quality academic health care system that is considered a model for the nation. The Denver Health system includes the Rocky Mountain Regional Level I Trauma Center, a 525-bed acute care medical center, Denver's 911 emergency medical response system, 8 family health centers, 15 school-based health centers, the Rocky Mountain Poison and Drug Center, the Denver Public Health Department, an HMO, and The Denver Health Foundation.
As Colorado's primary safety net institution, Denver Health is a mission-driven organization that has provided more than $3.3 billion in care for the uninsured in the last ten years. Denver Health is a leader in performance and quality improvements and remains financially secure, in part, due to its nationally recognized implementation of lean principles in healthcare. Denver Health is a major resource to the community, serving approximately 185,000 individuals and 67,000 children a year.
Located just south of downtown Denver, Denver Health is just minutes away from many of the cultural and recreational activities Denver has to offer.
We strongly support diversity in the workforce and Denver Health is an equal opportunity employer (EOE).
"Denver Health is committed to provide equal treatment and equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees. Denver Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class."
Internal Number: 3636
About Denver Health
Take your career to the next level at Denver Health, where we offer a robust benefits package and endless opportunities for growth. Denver Health is a nationally-ranked, locally-trusted, premier healthcare institution located in the heart of Denver, Colorado.Twenty-five percent of all Denver residents, or approximately 150,000 individuals, receive their health care here. We are known as an integrated health care system that encompasses multidisciplinary academic specialties, a community health system, a level I adult trauma center, pediatric emergency and urgent care center home to Denver Public Health and many of the nation’s leaders in medicine.