Bring your career aspirations to life with AIA! The position reports to the Senior SGD Fixed Income Portfolio Manager for Onshore portfolios. The Portfolio Manager will assist the Senior Portfolio Manager in managing the SGD denominated portfolios of the life funds of AIA Singapore and AIA Brunei and the SGD fixed income portfolio of ILPs.
1. To manage the SGD fixed income portfolios of ILPs which are benchmarked. Review the risk exposures of the fixed income portfolios and maximize returns within risk tolerance limits and to ensure that performance at least meet the criteria for inclusion in CPF A-List.
To assist in the management of the SGD component of the fixed income portfolios of the life funds. To ensure that the credit quality of the SGD denominated fixed income portfolio is maintained to avoid default losses. To fulfil this role, constant analysis and review of the portfolio together with interaction with companies, sell-side analysts, rating agencies and peers in the industry are required.
2. To meet the yield requirements of new monies of the SGD denominated fixed income portfolio under the NII budget. This entails:
negotiations with lead managers to ensure that new deals are correctly priced and to secure preferred allocations of new issues;
negotiations with potential issuers for private placement deals;
implementation of yield enhancement strategies such as asset switches and duration extensions trades, asset swaps and trading of new issues
3. To derive the USD & SGD duration strategy for discussion. The duration strategy is an important research piece that helps to determine the investment horizon for the ILPs.
4. To be involved in ILP project where Investments' involvement is required.
5. To manage the asset allocation process for the balanced ILP funds and ensure that the process remains robust so that appropriate asset allocations decisions for ILPs can be made.
6. To manage relative value (RV) trades including new credits to contribute to investment gains to portfolio while managing credit risks. To meet this requirement, a good understanding of the credit fundamentals, peer comparison and market/bond technicals is key
7. To support Head of Fixed Income in enhancing the investment process on an on-going basis.
8. To assist Actuarial, Product, and Finance teams of AIA Singapore and AIA Brunei to determine investment assumptions like pricing interest rate and product development.
9. To be Involved in the Budget process by providing market assumptions and other related inputs and review reasonableness of the budget.
10.To ensure high employee engagement in the Fixed Income team and to actively support the team member's professional development.
At least 7-10 years of work experience in investment management in insurance, banking, or asset management.
Experience in the management of unit trust and/or ILP fixed income portfolios.
Experience in investment management, securities trading and security analysis.
Strong capabilities in performing Fixed Income investment and risk analyses.
Excellent leadership skills and proactive character.
Strong quantitative, analytical and decision-making abilities.
Ability to work under pressure without compromising quality.
Team orientated, dedicated and open-minded working attitude.
Build a career with us as we help our customers and the community live healthier, longer, better lives.
You must provide all requested information, including Personal Data, to be considered for this career opportunity. Failure to provide such information may influence the processing and outcome of your application. You are responsible for ensuring that the information you submit is accurate and up-to-date.