The Reimbursement/Revenue Analyst will be skilled in solution management, data analysis, financial calculations, McKesson's portfolio of products and can manage timelines for multiple customers simultaneously. The Reimbursement/Revenue Analyst understands how to achieve accelerated results through focused solution management.
The Reimbursement/Revenue Analyst will be a customer-facing position and requires understanding of customer-centric approaches. The Reimbursement/Revenue Analyst collaborates with Pharmacy Optimization leadership to recommend improvements that optimizes and adds value for the customer, focusing on financial improvement, operational efficiency, and revenue enhancement. This ultimately provides value to the customer and McKesson.
Reporting to the Area Vice President for Pharmacy Optimization or Designee, the Reimbursement/Revenue Analyst works with McKesson RxO Sales, Pharmacy Optimization team resources, and with additional McKesson business unit leaders and the sales team.
Partners with Pharmacy Optimization team to identify opportunities and recommend solutions needed to better serve the evolving needs of the pharmacy consulting / optimization, internal business requirements, and the customers of McKesson.
* Works with customers to identify new revenue reimbursement opportunities.
* Coordinates the use, protect and disclose patients protected health information (PHI) in accordance with Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) standards.
Report any security or HIPAA violations or concerns to the HIPAA Officers in a timely fashion.
* Demonstrates proficiency in using Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio to perform data analysis on raw client reimbursement data.
* Ability to program custom Microsoft SQL scripts to adapt the data available from the customer and perform return on investment analysis.
* Navigates multiple patient accounting systems (i.e. Epic, Star, HPF, HealthQuest, Siemens, Cerner, Gaffey, Affinity, Invision, etc.) to evaluate data required to successfully complete revenue adjustments.
* Ability to analyze and process accounts identified by the PharmaLink system and serve as a resource to Reimbursement/Revenue Analysts in their analysis of assigned customer data.
* Documents and present to customer contact (on-site or remote) results of analysis and work with customer to achieve additional reimbursement on administered medications.
* Communicates with pharmacy directors and other identified contacts to discuss the analysis performed, the results obtained through research and advise of system CDM related issues identified.
* Communicates with senior revenue cycle managers to competently describe in detail the results of all analysis performed.
* Monitors account adjustments and payments, identify, manage and escalate incorrect or incomplete account adjustments.
* Works collaboratively with Account Manager and Key Account Executives to support assigned customers.
* Serves as a resource to Pharmacy Optimization subject matter expert on a variety of pharmacy reimbursement, revenue cycle and for internal systems and workflow.
* Provides insight into industry trends for revenue, maintain in-depth knowledge of CMS and regulatory guidelines and perform ongoing research of changing reimbursement parameters for CMS and other insurance providers.
* Participates in the development and optimization of the proprietary revenue system and software supporting enhancements to business and function.
* Provide system support for user testing and acceptance to the development team.
Minimum Job Qualifications:
Bachelor's degree from accredited college or university preferred
2 years' experience in healthcare analytics, finance preferred
Excellent mathematics and analytics skills
Problem solving and ability to understand complex issues
Strong written and oral communication skills
Proficient in Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio preferred
Computer proficiency with Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, MS Project preferred
Demonstrates ability to meet deadlines and manage competing priorities
Ability to work independently, collaboratively and multi-task in a team environment
Willingness to meet requirements to work with the assigned customer(s) workflow
General office environment
Sitting for extended periods of time in an office chair at a desk and/or cubicle.
Career Level - IC - Professional - P2
McKesson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Qualified applicants will not be disqualified from consideration for employment based upon criminal history.
McKesson is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including job seekers with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to McKessonTalentAcquisition@mckesson.com . Resumes or CVs submitted to this email box will not be accepted.
Current employees must apply through the internal career site.
Join us at McKesson!
Internal Number: JR0041325
About McKesson Corporation
We deliver careers with purpose and potential. Our focus on better health starts with creating an inclusive environment with strong values where you can build a fulfilling career. You can count on us to provide you with resources and opportunities to grow and be your best, while contributing to our pursuit of improving lives. Every day, McKesson’s employees deliver products to healthcare providers that make a difference in the care and life of a patient. We work to distribute medical supplies, bandages, syringes, vials of flu vaccine, and pharmaceutical drugs to help real patients like Jack, an eight-year-old boy battling cancer. We take that job seriously. Together, the work we do is shaping the future of healthcare. If you are passionate about combining a meaningful career with a balanced life, join us on this journey and apply for a job with McKesson today. Every day, McKesson’s employees deliver products to healthcare providers that make a difference in the care and life of a patient.