The National Network to End Domestic Violence (NNEDV) is a social change organization dedicated to creating a social, political, and economic environment in which domestic violence no longer exists. NNEDV advocates for law, policies, and funding to address domestic violence, and provides training, technical assistance, education, and support to state/territory domestic violence coalitions, as well as local domestic violence, sexual violence, and stalking programs, transitional housing programs, and the general public.
NNEDV seeks a Coordinator/Senior Coordinator to join its Development & Communications team. The Coordinator/Senior Coordinator will be responsible for: 1) expanding NNEDV’s reach through social and other online media; 2) supporting cross-team Policy and Communication goals; 3) expanding and strengthening NNEDV’s digital presence; 4) brand management; 5) supporting the organization’s fundraising goals through outreach and education; and 6) general Development & Communications support. This position is a great opportunity to apply your skills in a dynamic and mission-focused organization. This position reports to the Director of Development and Communications and works closely with internal organizational leaders.
- Expanding Social Media and Online Reach. This includes: 1) ensuring the team’s internal and external priorities are on track and provides support to NNEDV’s social media and website strategy (including campaigns around our signature projects, fundraising asks, and general content strategy); and 2) working collaboratively with the Development & Communications team and other internal and external stakeholders to advance knowledge and understanding of domestic violence through outreach and education. - Supporting Cross-team Policy and Communications Goals. This includes: 1) digitally engaging our grassroots and grass-tops supporters through web-based communications (including NNEDV.org, email, and social media); 2) writing social copy; 3) creating graphics (from existing templates or creating new templates, as needed); and 4) ensuring the Policy Center/Take Action sections of the NNEDV.org website are up to date. - Expanding and Strengthening NNEDV’s Digital Presence. This includes: 1) uploading and/or creating new website posts, videos, and documents; 2) pulling data and crafting reports on website metrics and performance (both overall and project-specific); and 3) supporting strategic decisions around NNEDV’s website(s) and social media content. - NNEDV Brand Management. This includes: 1) supporting the Development & Communications team’s goals in uplifting NNEDV’s brand across all written and visual content; 2) helping create materials and templates for NNEDV’s signature events and programs, online content, and other materials for various internal and external stakeholders; 3) managing NNEDV’s website (NNEDV.org); and 4) helping to guide NNEDV’s overall external communications strategy. - Supporting the Organization’s Fundraising Goals. This includes: 1) providing support to the organization’s overall fundraising and grant-seeking activities; 2) proofreading and editing funding proposals; 3) pulling data and analytics from various sources for reports and other written materials; 4) providing logistical support for NNEDV’s fundraising event(s); and/or 5) staffing or providing other support to virtual and in-person trainings and other events once NNEDV resumes them. -This position will provide general support around other organizational priorities as needed or required.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
Coordinator position requires 2 years of relevant experience. Sr. Coordinator position requires 4 years of relevant experience.
- Relevant experience. This includes experience with digital communications or policy communications (gender-based violence communications experience preferred). - Strong Web-based Communications Expertise. This includes: 1) experience managing or contributing to a business/nonprofit social media presence (Facebook, Instagram, and/or Twitter) and 2) experience working with media monitoring software (Meltwater preferred). - Trauma-informed, Survivor-centered Writing and Communications Skills. This includes: 1) strong writing and editing abilities and 2) a strong understanding of trauma-informed and survivor-centered approaches in anti-violence work. - Commitment to Effective Collaboration in order to meet Organizational Goals. This includes being a/having: 1) creative problem solver; 2) attention to detail; 3) ability to balance priorities and meet deadlines; and 4) data driven, results oriented. - Strong Tech Literacy. This includes: 1) experience with online platforms for donor management, digital marketing, online fundraising, online advocacy, and peer to peer fundraising tools (Salsa Labs preferred); 2) experience in HTML/CSS/WordPress; and 3) Proficient in Microsoft Office. - Commitment to the Organizational Mission. This includes: 1) understanding of coalition building work; 2) demonstrated commitment to anti-violence work, specifically anti-domestic violence work; and 3) demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion. - Commitment to non-profit and public interest work.
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
- Visual design experience of any kind (e.g., photography, art background, branding experience, content creation). Canva, Biteable, and/or InDesign preferred. - Experience managing and running Google Ads/Facebook Ads. - Experience in the domestic violence field. This includes experience working within the movement to end domestic violence, such as at a state/territorial coalition or local program.
This position offers a flexible and collegial working environment based in our offices on Thomas Circle in downtown Washington, DC, near McPherson Square Metro. At the time of this posting, NNEDV is in remote status. NNEDV is telework ready and the position may initially start based at home as needed during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Send: 1) cover letter, 2) resume, and 3) a relevant writing sample to Deborah J. Vagins at DevCommJob@nnedv.org. Please combine the three application components listed here into a single PDF and attach to your email. Please copy and paste your cover letter into the body of the email. In the cover letter, please let us know where you saw the posting.
Applications that do not contain all of the required items will not be considered.
Applications received by May 7, 2021 will be given priority; however, the position will remain open until filled.
No U.S. mail or faxes please.
- This is a full-time, non-exempt position. - Minimum starting salary for the Coordinator is $50,000. - Minimum starting salary for the Senior Coordinator position is $55,000.
- NNEDV pays the entire cost for each employee’s Health (HMO plan), Dental, Life, and Short- Term and Long-Term Disability Insurances. - NNEDV contributes 3% to each employee’s 401k retirement plan (no match required). - NNEDV provides 18 paid holidays (including the last full week of each year), three weeks of annual leave and 10 days of sick leave. - NNEDV also offers vision insurance at a nominal cost.
We value a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. NNEDV encourages applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, disability, or veteran status.
About National Network to End Domestic Violence
The National Network to End Domestic Violence (NNEDV), a social change organization, is dedicated to creating a social, political, and economic environment in which violence against women no longer exists.