The Audit Project Manager (Auditor V) performs highly advanced and managerial (senior-level) internal auditing work. Work involves leading and conducting complex audit projects, overseeing audit procedures, and providing consultation to management, staff, and co-workers. Leads and oversees the work of other auditors. May serve as a team member in support of a fellow Audit Project Manager. Works under minimal supervision, with extensive latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment.
State Classification: Auditor V/B25/1052
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
• Oversees, leads, and conducts highly advanced level performance and compliance audit projects and agreed-upon procedures.
• Oversees and ensures that quality control standards are met in assigned projects.
• Reviews and analyzes business processes.
• Oversees and conducts audit planning, defines audit objectives and scope, and develops audit procedures for assigned projects.
• Oversees and ensures that approved audit objectives are met, and that adequate coverage is achieved in assigned projects.
• Serves as an audit project manager of audits, agreed-upon procedures, and consulting projects for Benefit Services, Health and Insurance Benefits, Financial Services, Organizational Excellence, and other TRS areas.
• Oversees and conducts post-project assessments.
• Identifies and evaluates risk areas and provides input to the development of the Annual Audit Plan.
• Performs and oversees audit procedures, including identifying and developing issues and recommendations, developing criteria, reviewing and analyzing relevant information, evaluating evidence, documenting business processes and procedures, and completing audit documentation.
• Communicates the results of audits to management, the Audit, Compliance, and Ethics Committee, and the Board of Trustees.
• Provides consultation services to management and staff regarding the requirements, liabilities, and penalties of compliance and non-compliance.
• Provides training and coaching to Internal Audit staff in conducting audits and other assigned projects.
• Represents Internal Audit on project teams, at management meetings, and with external organizations.
• Provides additional support as needed to other projects within Internal Audit.
Performs related work as assigned
WHAT YOU WILL BRING:
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in business administration, public administration, or a related field.
• High school diploma or equivalent and additional experience may substitute for the required education on a year-for-year basis.
• Five (5) years of full-time auditing experience, including three (3) years of project management experience.
• Experience may be concurrent.
Registration, Certification, or Licensure:
• Certification as a Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), or the ability to obtain certification within one (1) year of hire.
Internal Number: REQ 363
About Teacher Retirement System of Texas
The Teacher Retirement System of Texas is responsible for investing funds under its stewardship and for delivering benefits to members as authorized by the Texas Legislature. TRS is a defined benefit plan, with retirement benefits determined by a pre-established formula. The trust fund is sustained principally by three sources -- contributions by members during their working careers, contributions by the state and investment revenues.TRS was founded over 80 years ago. With assets at $154 billion, the Trust is the largest public retirement system in Texas in both membership and assets. It is the sixth largest public pension plan in the U.S. and is among the 20th largest in the world. The agency serves more than 1.6 million people. Over 1 million are public and higher education members and over 400,000 are retirement recipients and beneficiaries.