This is a senior position, requiring at least 10+ years of commercial and medical architectural experience. Project Managers manage complex and multiple projects, responsible for the execution of project design solutions under the direction of the Principals/Owners; They must have the ability to lead project design teams and delegate work in a timely, constructive and profitable manner. Project Managers have a thorough understanding and vision for the scope of the work, the client agreements, consultants, our in house team as well as the firm at large; they are responsible for project schedules and budgets and can effectively convey this to all team members and clients.
Your Key Responsibilities:
· Consults with client to determine function and spatial requirements and prepares information regarding design, specifications, materials, color, equipment, estimated costs, and construction time. Plans layouts of projects and integrates engineering elements into unified design for client review and approval.
· Leads and guides the project design teams and ensures proper management flow for all phases of active projects, including management of budget and schedules.
· Establishes, maintains, and documents regular project related meeting, including client, internal team and consultant meetings.
· Collaboration with building and permitting officials during permitting and construction phases of project, submits for permit as appropriate
· Knowledge of building codes, standards and the ability to resolve complex technical and design issues
· Pro-actively keeps staff informed of work states and seeks clarification where appropriate.
· Develops detailed project schedules weekly and clearly communicates key deliverable dates to project team. Plans, organizes and manages work ensuring delegated tasks and expectations are clear and met.
· Identifies issues, risks and conflicts and asks for assistance and/or delegates in a timely and constructive manner when required.
· Mentors, directs and manages the work of less experienced staff, participates in professional development reviews, “Lessons Learned” and “Hot Topic” sessions, all designed to enhance employee growth and retention.
· Responsible for maintaining positive client relationships throughout the project. Keeps client apprised of project progress on regular basis. Initiates and maintains contact with other key project individuals for clarification, coordination and negotiation of critical issues and deliverables.
· Responsible for managing the project using company timekeeping and budgeting; complete work plans; including identification of project team members, budget, consultants, schedule for completion, fees and labor costs as well as project change notices or other actions taking place on the assigned project. Responsible for financial outcome of projects.
· Communicates with consultants, contractors, sub-consultants and other disciplines to ensure project details are carried out including technical issues and project information at all levels of contract administration.
Please include work samples along with a list of references, your resume and cover letter. Due to the large volume of candidates, only qualified applicants will be contacted. No phone calls or agencies please.
· Bachelor’s degree in Architecture from an accredited United States University.
· 10 plus Years’ experience of Architectural Project Management experience in professional Architecture experience, including corporate and medical.
· Architectural licensure, NCARB certified.
· Regular participation in a cause outside of Architecture that is important to you and the community.
· Fluency and confidence using Revit and working knowledge of AutoCAD is required.
· Proficient in all MS Office and Adobe Suite Software Applications.
· Demonstrated knowledge and proven ability in; project management, specifications, applicable codes, QA/QC process and construction documentation, construction administration and with the newest technology.
· Demonstrated ability to manage and lead all levels of staff through a combination of direct authority and subject matter expertise.
· Proven ability to write and negotiate contracts for services, consultants and contractors.
· Proven ability to solve contract and administration issues within the established design context.
· A style, demeanor, work ethic, an entrepreneurial spirit and personality appropriate for internal team and client interaction is essential to your success in our organization. We are professional and serious about our work, but we also want to have a relaxed, fun and approachable demeanor.
Additional Salary Information: Benefits: 401(k), Dental insurance, Health insurance, PTO, Professional Development
Supplemental Pay: Bonus pay, Signing bonus
About Krause - Architecture + Interiors
Passionately Transforming Companies since 1996, we at Krause are a highly collaborative team of entrepreneurial minded individuals devoted to translating client goals, brand and culture into powerful environments, built around people, processes, technology and business drivers. Our clients require high-performance, visually compelling, buildings and environments to move their enterprises forward, support their culture, engage their staff, integrate technology and drive efficiencies. Small, diverse, mightily and agile we have consistently been rated as one of the top design firms and have been honored with numerous awards.
At Krause, we are devoted to the community and we continue to donate our services free of charge to numerous non-for-profit organizations. Environmental stewardship is also a part of our ethos, Krause is a supporter of the USGBC with more than half of our team being LEED Accredited.
As a part of our culture and philosophy, we have developed six key words and definitions that set the foundation for our firm values;
INTEGRITY: a firm adherence to a code of moral and artistic values.
INSPIRE: to stimulate energies and ideals.
CHARITY: having or showing... a concern for the welfare of others and giving or sharing in abundance and without hesitation.
FAMILY: people who share common goals and values.
HONESTY: fairness and straightforwardness of conduct and adherence to the facts.
RESPECT: willingness to show and demonstrate consideration and appreciation to others.
Our values are embraced within the relationships of our team as well as our relationships with our clients.