As the Project Manager, you’ll manage all design-build aspects of a project from the initial conceptual design through the construction (start to finish).
Must be knowledgeable in both design and construction. You’ll also manage the teams needed to accomplish the desired end results, as well as maintain an open line of communication with clients from the beginning of an engagement until the project is completed and turned over.
- Manage day-to-day operational aspects of multi-discipline projects, including scope, timelines, and budgets.
- Work directly with landscape architects, subcontractors, crew members, design associates, engineers and other professionals from conceptual design through construction of landscape architectural projects.
- Assist in producing design work in conjunction with project requirements, which may include complex features such as conflicting design requirements, unsuitability of conventional materials, or difficult coordination requirements.
- Analyze project profitability, revenue, margins, and utilization.
- Establish/update project design and schedules.
- Prepare proposals and compile bids for landscape design-build projects.
- Assist in the negotiation of client contracts and agreements.
Requirements: Education - Two-year college degree or equivalent plus 3-4 years’ work experience in a landscaping business environment. - Four-year college degree in landscape architecture or equivalent plus 2+ years’ work experience in a landscaping business environment preferred.
Experience - 2-3 years’ experience working in a residential architecture, construction or landscape architecture business. - 2-3 years’ experience working in the landscaping industry in an architecture and construction oversight position with reporting line responsibilities preferred.
- Working knowledge of the high-end landscaping business concepts and inner workings of design and installation departments, as well as how they function individually and together to assure professional, timely and unified business flows.
- Working knowledge of project oversight and management between two business departments.
- Knowledge of residential designs, permitting and codes
- Knowledge of plant material used in the landscaping industry.
- Thorough working knowledge of landscaping professional business terms such that internal and external correspondences convey the Company’s image and positioning within the industry.
- Bilingual communication skills.
- Good negotiation skills.
- Excellent site evaluation skills.
- Office 360 Operating System or similar software.
- Electronic meeting software like Microsoft Teams or Zoom.
- Outlook or similar e-mail software.
- Desktop or laptop hardware and handheld communication devices.
- Landscaping design and project layout software like AutoCAD preferred.
- Construction budget software helpful.
Work Schedule / Travel
- Monday thru Friday 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. with additional after work hours as necessary and dependent upon the work load or special projects.
- Travel: To and from job sites, vendors/outside service providers/clients and prospects as needed.
- Reliable transportation with state-mandated auto liability insurance on personal vehicle is required.