$26.64/hr - $44.40/hr, based on education & experience
In accordance with Colorado's EPEWA Equal Pay Transparency Rules.
You have a place in the health care industry. If you're looking to leverage your abilities to make a real difference - and real change in the health care industry - you belong at Banner Health. Apply today.
This can be a remote position if you live in the following states only: AR, AZ, CA, CO, FL, IA, MO, ND, NE, NV, TX, UT, WA, WI, & WY
Your pay and benefits are important components of your journey at Banner Health. Banner Health offers a variety of benefits to help you and your family. We provide health and financial security options so you can focus on being the best at what you do and enjoying your life
Within Banner Health Corporate, you will have the opportunity to apply your unique experience and expertise in support of a nationally-recognized healthcare leader. We offer stimulating and rewarding careers in a wide array of disciplines. Whether your background is in Human Resources, Finance, Information Technology, Legal, Managed Care Programs or Public Relations, you'll find many options for contributing to our award-winning patient care.
POSITION SUMMARY This position is responsible for supporting business planning, tactical execution, and business integration of all digital initiatives; inclusive of, but not limited to, web site development, mobile platform and presence, internal application development, content management, self-service adoption, and ongoing maintenance of electronic channels. In addition, this position is responsible for formulating system scope and objectives relative to the company's requirements as well as establishing system documentation standards and quality assurance methodologies for systems and applications.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Develop solutions by applying accepted processes or is able to create new approaches to leverage technology from abstract information.
2. Create project specifications, establish technical vision and analyze tradeoffs between usability and performance needs, and develop a general understanding of business requirements to distinguish user requests from underlying business and process needs.
3. Translate emerging customer needs and technologies into actionable business terms and associated plans. Define/document required changes to resolve system deficiencies, and map experiences and requirements back to the external inputs to confirm fit with desired scope and preferences of our customers. Determines and designs end user training and curriculum for applications and systems. Facilitates the initial rollout and ongoing training of the user community.
4. Manage the process of Business Governance and prioritization of all enhancement requests to any and all electronic channels. Assure that the proper business case has been provided and the solution fits with overall strategic direction.
5. Identifies, investigates, tracks, and resolves complex project, system or application errors ensuring the solution is timely and of acceptable quality. Oversee the effective, correct, and consistent application of data analysis and decision making based on fact for all information feeds into the innovation process for the Digital Business Technology team. Promote the use of data analysis and fact based decision-making.
6. Designs and administers complex standards and policies regarding application and end user customer documentation. Ensures that department and company standards are implemented and consistently adhered to.
7. Provides high level expertise to the development of fully integrated testing scenarios. Ensures that the information systems across multiple levels and states and their relationships are considered and are part of the comprehensive testing plans.
8. Maintains current professional and technical knowledge relating to the healthcare industry by attending educational workshops/conferences, establishing personal networks, and/or maintaining relevant certification or licensure as business needs require.
9. Assignments are more complex in nature as more in-depth knowledge is needed. Incumbents are able to develop new perspectives using existing knowledge of best practices. Decisions are made within policies and past precedents. Incumbents are expected to assess requirements and customer needs and identify solutions to non-standard requests. Work is performed in a fast paced multi-tasked environment where there may be conflicting priorities or tight deadlines. The incumbent has decision-making authority for projects and applications and works at peer level across diverse areas and multiple states. The incumbent participates in meetings, presentations, visioning sessions, strategic and planning sessions, implementation activities, and supports functions company-wide.
Must possess a strong technical and business knowledge as typically obtained through the completion of a bachelor's degree related field.
Must demonstrate in-depth knowledge of information technology specifically, user-centered design for mobile/web apps or large, content-rich consumer sites as would normally be obtained in 2-3 years' work experience in the field. Must demonstrate general knowledge of information technology and healthcare. Needs experience in medium scale project planning and reporting, either individual or team. Requires communication and presentation skills to engage technical and non-technical audiences. Requires ability to communicate and interact across facilities and at various levels. Incumbent will have skills to mentor less experienced team members. As is typical in this industry, variable shifts and hours and carrying/responding to a pager may be required.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
What might draw you to Banner Health? A great health care career, of course—and a great place to live, no matter what stage of life you’re in. With facilities across the West, there is a health care career for everyone, from big city living in the Phoenix area to friendly small towns in the mountains and plains. As one of the largest nonprofit health systems in the country, Banner Health offers both the stability that comes with success and the possibility of exploring new areas of the country. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages:
Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health.
Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible.
The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path.
Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.