Founded in 1841, Fordham is the Jesuit University of New York, offering an exceptional education distinguished by the Jesuit tradition to more than 16,000 students in its nine colleges and schools. It has residential campuses in the Bronx and Manhattan, a campus in West Harrison, N.Y., the Louis Calder Center Biological Field Station in Armonk, N.Y., and the London Centre in the United Kingdom.
The University offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental, and vision insurance; flexible spending accounts; retirement plans; life insurance; short and long-term disability; employee assistance program (EAP); tuition remission; and generous time off.
Successful candidates should have a knowledge of and commitment to the goals of Jesuit Education.
Department: Information Technology
Campus: Rose Hill (RH) - Bronx
Collaborates with University constituents on various prospective projects and ideas in order to identify and document objectives, goals as well as functional, technical and project requirements. Works together with various departments and subject matter experts to identify options for achieving their objectives and provide recommendations and guidance on possible solutions. The position reports to the Senior Director of Business Analysis in the IT Portfolio Management Office.
● Provides analysis, guidance, design and recommendations of options and solutions for various project requests.
● Collaborates with various departments of the University to identify and document project goals, objectives, desired outcomes, scope, technical and functional requirements.
● Identifies the appropriate resources/team from various departments (Requesting and impacted departments, subject matter experts, Vendors, Project Managers, IT technical resources) needed to fulfill the requirements gathering.
● Provides support to governance and project team for understanding and clarification of project specifications.
● Communicates progress and status of the various requirements gathering to management and escalate unsettled conflicts, obstacles and risks affecting the progress of the work.
● Bachelor's degree in an IT or related field or equivalent work experience.
● 4-6 years relevant experience.
Demonstrated understanding of Fordham's culture and environment, as well as the technical, business, and cultural environment of higher education in general.
Familiar with teaching environment, curriculum development, processes, and administrative support of these areas.
Strong skills in the performance and supervision of the following are a plus.
Specific application of concepts within area of technical expertise
Strong analytical and technical problem-solving skills
Independent management of own workflow and work outcomes
Customer service oriented
Ability to interact professionally with staff, faculty, and students
Interaction and collaboration with vendors
3 to 5 years work experience in a related field.
Fordham University is committed to excellence through diversity and welcomes candidates of all backgrounds.
Fordham is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories
Fordham Founded in 1841, Fordham is the Jesuit University of New York, offering an exceptional education distinguished by the Jesuit tradition to more than 16,000 students in its 9 colleges and schools. It has residential campuses in the Bronx and Manhattan, a campus in West Harrison, N.Y., the Louis Calder Center Biological Field Station in Armonk, N.Y., and the London Centre in the United kingdom.