We're individuals from different cultures and backgrounds. Those differences make us stronger as a team and a force for good in our communities. Here, you'll work with dynamic individuals, build your skills, and unleash new ways of working and thinking.
Are you ready to join an organization that will help unlock your potential?
The Quantitative Analyst, Capital Market Hedging, will play a critical role in the Capital Market Hedging team, focusing on GMxB annuity liability valuation, hedge model and strategy, reporting, risk analytics and processes.
- Leads in actuarial hedging and liability valuation using actuarial software and reporting tools. Actively monitors P&L attribution and performance measurement and hedge effectiveness.
- Assists in designing, developing and testing multi-dimensional hedge strategies to optimize P&L of hedged guarantees (particularly those of variable annuities) using standard and exotic capital markets instruments.
- Crafts documentation for analysis, reporting, internal control, external auditing purposes; Delivers presentations to management on topics such as annuity liability, hedging, Derivatives, assets, model governance, and assumption reviews;
- Recommends changes and continuous improvement and provides supporting analysis for the recommendations; contributes to proposals of innovative hedging strategies for VA guarantees;
- A key contributor and often leads on team's initiatives aimed at derivatives/market modeling, analytical research and infrastructure/process development;
- A key member of the cross-functional team on the asset-liability management; actively involved on strategic projects with a strong desire to learn and lead;
- Collaborates across different functional teams in the Finance organization; can work effectively with internal controls and external auditors/regulators; take proactive actions to mitigate operational risks.
At Equitable, we're a team of over ten thousand strong; committed to helping our clients secure their financial well-being so that they can pursue long and fulfilling lives.
We turn challenges into opportunities by thinking, working, and leading differently - where everyone is a leader. We encourage every employee to leverage their unique talents to become a force for good at Equitable and in their local communities.
We are continuously investing in our people by offering growth, internal mobility, comprehensive compensation and benefits to support overall well-being, flexibility, and a culture of collaboration and teamwork.
We are looking for talented, dedicated, purposeful people who want to make an impact. Join Equitable and pursue a career with purpose.
Equitable is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to our employees, applicants and candidates based on individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disabilities, sexual orientation, veteran status, genetic information or any other class protected by federal, state and local laws.
NOTE: Equitable participates in the E-Verify program.
If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process or to perform the essential job functions of this position, please contact Human Resources at (212) 314-2211 or email us at TalentAcquisition@equitable.com .
Accuracy and Attention to Detail: Understanding the necessity and value of accuracy; ability to complete tasks with high levels of precision.
Communicating Complex Concepts: Knowledge of effective presentation tools and techniques to ensure clear understanding; ability to use summarization and simplification techniques to explain complex technical concepts in simple, clear language appropriate to the audience.
Financial Risk Management: Knowledge of tools, techniques, and strategies applied in financial risk management; ability to quantify, qualify, and manage financial risk.
Problem Solving: Knowledge of approaches, tools, techniques for recognizing, anticipating, and resolving organizational, operational or process problems; ability to apply knowledge of problem solving appropriately to diverse situations.
Programming: Knowledge of relevant programming languages and tools; ability to test, write, design, debug, troubleshoot and maintain source codes and computer programs.
Statistics and Actuarial Modeling: Knowledge of statistical and actuarial modeling tools and techniques; ability to apply modeling processes and techniques to facilitate risk management decisions.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion: Demonstrates a commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion by treating everyone with respect and dignity, ensuring all voices are heard and advocating for change.
- 3+ years of hands-on working experience in a Hedging or a Derivatives role with relevant working experience in the insurance industry;
- Desire to learn, take on responsibility, assume ownership of various projects and ability to handle deadline-oriented work;
- Strong problem-solving skills, analytical skills, highly motivated and result-oriented;
- Can work independently, within groups, and across functional teams;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; Ability to translate complex, technical terms into easy, understandable terms.
- Experience working in a hedging role of a large insurance company;
- Prior responsibility in valuing and analyzing derivatives, expert knowledge of capital markets, derivatives pricing and risk characteristics;
- Expert mathematical skills, typically achieved through an MS or more in a quantitative discipline; strong programming skills in a high-level language.