This position exists to assist in meeting the need of skilled workforce through marketing and selling employee training and development. Incumbents in this position provide consulting, program development and coordination, assessment, and evaluation services. This position will focus on training, selling, and marketing within Olmsted County and the surrounding communities in Rochester Community & Technical College's service area as well as developing effective collaboration with other colleges in our region to provide this range of services.
· 3 years successful outside sales or client management experience in a business or industry setting
· Demonstrated project management experience
· Demonstrated budgeting experience
· Demonstrated ability to create training or teaching materials in a corporate setting
· Demonstrated facilitation skills
· Demonstrated quality customer service skills with timely follow up
· Demonstrated professional communication skills (oral and written)
· Computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite (word-processing, excel, PowerPoint)
· Knowledge of instructional methods and training techniques
· Ability to work with little direct supervision, within general guidelines and State policies, in a flexible and adaptable manner, handling multiple tasks and priorities.
· Ability to communicate orally in one-to-one, small group, large group, and instructional settings at all organization levels.
· Master's degree
· Demonstrated teaching experience in a higher education setting
· Demonstrated experience with Salesforce (or another CRM)
· Knowledge of manufacturing systems and processes
· Knowledge of grants and grant writing
· Knowledge or experience in process improvement, process creation, and/or Lean Six Sigma
· Knowledge of industry safety products and procedures
· Demonstrated supervisory experience
· Skill ability in statistical and presentation/graphics
· Knowledge of State and MinnState system rules and regulations regarding providing services to business and industry, contracting with vendors/consultants, purchasing materials and supplies, documenting and reimbursing expenses.
· Knowledge of curriculum design principles, learning theory, group and individual teaching techniques, design of individual development plans, and test design principles.
Only complete applications will be considered. A complete application will include the following: cover letter that addresses the qualifications and experiences required; resume/Curriculum Vitae; copies of transcript(s) -undergraduate and graduate (official transcripts will be required at the time of hire); and copies of professional licenses, if required for qualification purposes.
In accordance with the Minnesota State College and Universities Vehicle Fleet Safety program, employees driving on college business who use a rental or state vehicle shall be required to conform to Minnesota State's vehicle use criteria and consent to a Motor Vehicle Records check.
Established in 1915, Rochester Community and Technical College is the largest higher education provider in the fastest-growing city in Minnesota, serving more than 6,800 students a year in credit courses and nearly 4,000 in non-credit continuing and workforce education programs. RCTC combines the best in liberal arts, technical, and life-long learning with more than 70 credit-based programs and over 100 credential options. RCTC's expansive 518-acre campus includes university partnerships, a diverse student body, and a vibrant student life program. RCTC provides a unique learning environment that offers the feel of a four-year university campus with the commitment to access and opportunity of a two-year college.
Minnesota State Colleges and Universities is the third-largest system of higher education in the United States. It is comprised of 30 two-year colleges, seven four-year state universities with a total of 54 campuses located in 47 Minnesota communities. The System serves approximately 350,000 students each year, and produces 38,000 graduates annually. For more information about the Minnesota State system, please view its website at www.MinnState.edu.
RCTC/State of Minnesota offers a comprehensive benefit package including life, health and dental insurance, a retirement program, tuition waiver for employee and dependents, tax sheltered annuity program (403b), a deferred compensation plan (457), and professional development funds, as well as a variety of other benefits (generous personal or vacation leave and sick leave, and 11 paid holidays each year) defined by individual collective bargaining agreements.
Rochester Community and Technical College was founded in 1915 on a motion by Dr. Charles Mayo to the Rochester School Board. Rochester is Minnesota's oldest - and one of the nation's oldest - original community colleges. The 2005-2006 academic year marked RCTC's 90th anniversary. The college serves approximately 7,500 students in credit-based enrollments and 3,000 in noncredit courses.