:Jul 2, 2022, 4:59:00 AMFull-timeShift Start Time:8:00A.M.Shift End Time:4:00P.M.
Posting Salary:COMPETITIVE SALARY
:Health and Hospital Systems
Location: Ruth M. Rothstein CORE Center- 2020 West Harrison Street, Chicago IL 60612
A fundamental mission of the Ruth M. Rothstein CORE Center (CORE Center) is to further the understanding of infectious diseases through high quality research; the role of the Project Manager under the supervision of the Executive Director and with direction from the Research Director, is to work with the Research Committee and CORE Center's Administration to facilitate research at the CORE Center, manage the Research Department, oversee fiscal aspects of research, and assure the apportionment of Research resources is equitable and in keeping with the priorities of the CORE Center. Extra-mural funding comprises fifty (50%) percent of monies used for patient care at the CORE Center, making this position essential for the continued functioning of the center.
* Serves as a contact for investigators wishing to perform research at the CORE Center
* Identifies potential funding sources for CORE Center's investigators
* Facilitates communication among CORE Center's investigators and between CORE Center's investigators and outside investigators regarding potential projects and funding sources
* Assists CORE Center's investigators in obtaining research funding as needed
* Assist in identifying new areas of investigation for the CORE Center
* Facilitates the use of CORE Center's database for research
* With the Research Committee, formulates/updates policies for the conduct of research at the CORE Center
* Sets the agenda for Research Committee meetings in consultation with the Committee Chair
* Coordinates Research Committee communication (minutes, approval of studies)
* Supervises administrative approval of CORE Center's abstracts and publications
Utilization of Research Resources
* In consultation with the Research Committee and CORE Center's administration, allocates the utilization of space in the Research Department for: (staff, exam rooms, medical records, and storage)
* Oversees and allocate research phlebotomy services
* Oversees major equipment for the Research Department
Research Department Staff
* Directs supervision of Adult Clinical Trials Coordinator, Research Nurse, Research Phlebotomist, Research Assistant
* Administrative oversight of Research staff
Financial Oversight of Research Projects
* Assists Principal Investigators (PI) in preparing budgets for new projects and specific existing projects
* Assures appropriate invoicing for pharmaceutical studies and federal grants
* Assists PIs in reviewing study finances
* Represents the Research Department on CORE Center's Executive Team as needed
Participates in CORE Center's Quality Improvement activities
* Serves on the Continuous Quality Improvement Committee
* Participates in ongoing process improvement projects for the CORE Center
* Bachelors from an accredited college or university (must provide proof at time of interview)
* Five (5) years of daily supervision/coordination experience of externally funded research
* Three (3) years of administrative experience in HIV Research
* Prior experience with a successful history obtaining extramural research funding
* Experience working with federal health agencies (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)and or National Institute of Health (NIH))
* Experience with fiscal aspects of federally funded research
* Master's degree in Public Health from an accredited college or university
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Other Characteristics
* Excellent verbal and written communications skills including the ability to document requirements, grant writing, designs, communication plans, project plans, project status and issues to conduct meetings including formal presentations to management, sponsors, stakeholders, and project teams.
* Ability to work independently and simultaneously manage multiple complex projects at different phases.
* Ability to analyze and solve complex problems using a variety of research and analytical techniques.
* Ability to manage a variety of projects, including project teams comprised of internal employees, vendors, consultants, and combinations thereof.
* Ability to calculate budget estimates necessary to evaluate costs.
* Ability to train by presenting concepts and demonstrating tasks.
* Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines in a fast paced and stressful environment.
* Ability to maintain a professional demeanor and composure when challenged
When applying for employment with the Cook County Health & Hospitals System, preference is given to honorably discharged Veterans who have served in the Armed Forces of the United States for not less than 6 months of continuous service
To take advantage of this preference a Veteran must:
Meet the minimum qualifications for the position.
Identify self as a Veteran on the employment application by answering yes to the question by answering yes to the question, "Are you a Military Veteran?"
Attach a copy of their DD 214, DD 215 or NGB 22 (Notice of Separation at time of application filing. Please note: If you have multiple DD214s, 215s, or NGB 22S, Please submit the one with the latest date. Coast Guard must submit a certified copy of the military separation from either the Department of Transportation (Before 9/11) or the Department of Homeland Security (After 9/11). Discharge papers must list and Honorable Discharge Status. Discharge papers not listing an Honorable Discharge Status are not acceptable
A copy of a valid State ID Card or Driver's License which identifies the holder of the ID as a Veteran, may also be attached to the application at time of filing.
If items are not attached, you will not be eligible for Veteran Preference
VETERANS MUST PROVIDE ORIGINAL APPLICABLE DISCHARGE PAPERS OR APPLICABLE STATE ID CARD OR DRIVER'S LICENSE AT TIME OF INTERVIEW.
Benefits Package * Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage * Basic Term Life Insurance * Pension Plan and Deferred Compensation Program * Employee Assistance Program * Paid Holidays, Vacation, and Sick Time * You may also qualify for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (PSLF)
For further information on our excellent benefits package, please click on the following link: http://www.cookcountyrisk.com/
MUST MEET ALL REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AT TIME OF APPLICATION FILING.
Degrees awarded outside of the United States with the exception of those awarded in one of the United States' territories and Canada must be credentialed by an approved U.S. credential evaluation service belonging to the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES) or the Association of International Credential Evaluators (AICE). Original credentialing documents must be presented at time of interview.
*Please note all offers of Employment are contingent upon the following conditions: satisfactory professional & employment references, healthcare and criminal background checks, appropriate licensure/certifications and the successful completion of a physical and pre-employment drug screen.
*CCHHS is strictly prohibited from conditioning, basing or knowingly prejudicing or affecting any term or aspect of County employment or hiring upon or because of any political reason or factor.
COOK COUNTY HEALTH AND HOSPITALS SYSTEM IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
ABOUT COOK COUNTY HEALTH (CCH)
The Cook County Health’s mission is to deliver integrated health services with dignity and respect regardless of a patient’s ability to pay; foster partnerships with other health providers and communities to enhance the health of the public; and advocate for policies that promote the physical, mental and social wellbeing of the people of Cook County.
CCH is comprised of two hospitals, John H. Stroger, Jr. Hospital and Provident Hospital, a robust network of more than a dozen community health centers, the Ruth M. Rothstein CORE Center, the Community Triage Center, the Cook County Department of Public Health, Cermak Health Services, which provides health care to individuals at the Cook County Jail and the Juvenile Temporary Detention Center, and CountyCare, a Medicaid managed care health plan.
The system cares for more than 300,000 patients each year and its physicians are experts in their fields, committed to providing their patients with comprehensive, compassionate and cutting-edge care. Today, CCH is transforming the provision of health care in Cook County by promoting community-based primary and preventive care, growing an innovative, ...collaborative health plan and enhancing the patient experience.
COOK COUNTY HEALTH IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER