Adjunct, Non-Credit Educator Training and Development
Frederick Community College
Location: Frederick, Maryland
Internal Number: 4347
At Frederick Community College we proudly serve the educational needs of our students, help develop the economic vitality of our local communities, and enrich the lives of Frederick County residents. Each year, more than 16, 000 students take a diverse scope of courses at Frederick Community College, located in Frederick, Maryland. Our vast range of courses includes quality instruction in more than 85 degree and certificate programs as well as workforce training and continuing education to meet the needs and interests of our community members. FCC proudly embraces and showcases academics, arts, athletics and more to provide pathways to success for all students. Each year we provide direct service to thousands of residents and indirect services to countless more. We credit our ability to deliver these services to the strength and commitment of our people. We invite you to explore all that we have to offer!
Relocation Provided?: No
Part-time faculty in Educator Training and Development teach non-credit courses in both open enrollment and contract training situations on topics including the ParaPro exam and/or Child Development Associate credential. The Educator Training and Development Adjunct is responsible for the delivery of curriculum and must work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The following are the functions essential to performing this job:
1. Facilitate classroom and lab-based instruction as assigned
2. Ensure that classes cover topics necessary to prepare students for exams and skills assessments. Training topics may include ParaPro exam preparation or Child Development Associate credentialing.
3. Evaluate and assess student performance.
4. Communicate student progress and completion to program staff as required.
5. Other duties as required for student success.
Required Minimum Qualifications:
1. Child Development Associate credential and five years of teaching in Infant-Toddler, Preschool, or K-12
2. Associate degree in Education and three years of teaching in Infant-Toddler, Preschool, or K-12
1. Familiarity with the Child Development Associate or ParaPro credentialing process
2. Two years teaching/training experience with adult learners
3. Knowledge of Blackboard learning management systems
4. Experience delivering instruction online
5. Exposure to current educational practices for student learning
6. Bachelor's degree in Education
FCC offers a generous benefits package which includes medical insurance, dental and vision plans, waiver of FCC tuition for employee and eligible dependents, tuition reimbursement, generous leave benefits, retirement plans, and more! Frederick Community College prohibits discrimination against any person on the basis of age, ancestry, citizenship status, color, creed, ethnicity, gender identity and expression, genetic information, marital status, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religious affiliation, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status in its activities, admissions, educational programs, and employment. Frederick Community College, an equal opportunity employer, values campus diversity in students and staff and encourages members from historically under-represented groups to apply.
Frederick Community College (FCC) is a public college accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education (MSCHE). FCC is distinguished by its quality and affordability, making it attainable and valuable for local students. Accredited programs, comprehensive instruction, and affordable costs of attendance have made FCC the learning destination for more than 200,000 students since 1957.