New York, New York
San Antonio, Texas
Newport Beach, California
Denver Tech Center, Colorado
A cover letter is required for consideration.
About the Candidate:
A Bachelor's degree and five years of related experience, with a minimum of three years of communication and marketing experience are required for this position.
The following are preferred attributes, but are not required for consideration:
- A degree in marketing, communication, English, or a related field
- A Master's degree
- Experience in higher education or a university career unit, or retail experience.
We are seeking a candidate who:
- Demonstrates success in branding and marketing to a diverse audience;
- Demonstrates public relations skills;
- Possesses an ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and meet deadlines with strong attention to detail and organization skills;
- Demonstrates proficiency in planning, developing, and maintaining websites is required;
- Can be highly collaborative with teamwork and team-building experience/skills with individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences;
- Demonstrates interpersonal skills, able to build rapport with students, alumni, faculty, staff, employers, colleagues, etc.
- Has a proven record of strong supervisory skills, and;
- Is experienced in the creative use of technology in service delivery and standards for accessibility of use.
While the following experience and skills will be helpful in performing this role, the department is willing to train them with the right candidate:
- Facility with data collection, analysis, and reporting
- Knowledge about best practices, trends, and new ideas/research in career development and career readiness.
We welcome applications from candidates who can demonstrate some of these skills and attributes, but not all. We value employees who are willing and able to learn. Please note that once candidates are invited to interview for this role, we will request a portfolio of work. Additionally, candidates will be required to give a short presentation as a component of the interview process. Please note that, should you be selected as the final candidate for this position, your employment will be contingent on a CORI/SORI background check completed at point-of-hire.
Please note all newly hired staff and faculty will need to be in compliance with Boston University's COVID-19 Vaccination and Booster Requirement within 30 days of date of hire. You must upload your vaccine documentation or request a medical or religious exemption (instructions). For further information on the University's response to COVID-19, please visit the COVID-19 Resources site.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, military service, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, or because of marital, parental, or veteran status. We are a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.