DREMC provides a comprehensive program of employee benefits including group medical, dental, vision, employer-sponsored medical clinic, life, and long-term disability insurance programs, defined benefit retirement, 401K savings plans, and tuition reimbursement.
The System Operator/Trainee provides support for DREMC members and personnel managing outages by isolating system problems and restoring service, system and service monitoring and anomaly research, system load monitoring and switching as needed, directing switching to clear lines and equipment, and member services after normal business hours.
Position Responsibilities: Provide critical, safety-sensitive support to DREMC personnel via radio and phone by safely and efficiently managing outages, isolating system problems, and operating SCADA devices. Writing, checking, and directing planned, unplanned, and forced outage switching procedures for load transfer or line and equipment clearance. Monitoring system conditions, responding to alarms from system, and performing corrective actions. Accepts/processes/posts member payments and answers member inquiries or complaints after normal business hours.
1. Consistently demonstrates a behavioral pattern that supports DREMC’s 11 Essential Attributes.
2. Communicates effectively on a wide range of safety-related issues and in a professional manner with all DREMC personnel and members.
3. Assists the System Operator in their daily system operations duties as instructed by the System Operations Supervisor.
4. Studies procedures, techniques, safety precautions, and instructions for daily system operations as they assist the System Operator in these duties. Mimics all Outage Management System (OMS) actions in a training environment.
5. Begins training within the Northwest Lineman College Power Delivery Program
6. Assists with the daily review of Automated Metering Infrastructure (AMI) system to identify abnormalities under the direction of the System Operator.
7. Assists in the daily review of Conservation Voltage Reduction (CVR) systems and equipment as instructed by the System Operator.
8. Observes and follows all safety rules, studies the provided safety manual, and attends regularly scheduled job training and safety programs.
9. At three (3) months, under direct supervision, operates SCADA for caution orders, caution order tagging, and opening devices during emergency situations.
10. Performs other duties or work required and/or assigned.
Education — A high school diploma or equivalent is required.
Experience — Previous experience in utilities, analytics, electrical systems maintenance, or other related businesses is preferred.
Certification/License, etc. — Certificates relevant to customer service and electronics are preferred. (e.g. TVPPA Certificate of Customer Service)
Knowledge/Skills/Abilities — Aptitude to gain an in-depth knowledge of the customer service, utility electrical systems, and customer billing functions related to the electric utility business model. Possesses excellent oral and written communications skills and ability to deal with members and teammates. Ability to work with technology at a high level, including billing software, outage management software, SCADA, automated metering infrastructure software, email, MS Office Suite or similar productivity software, etc. Ability to concentrate for long periods of time, work under intense pressure and possess strong attention to detail.
Duck River Electric Membership Corporation (DREMC) is a member-owned electric cooperative, serving an area of approximately 2,500 square miles in Bedford, Coffee, Franklin, Giles, Grundy, Hickman, Lawrence, Lewis, Lincoln, Marion, Marshall, Maury, Moore, Rutherford, and Williamson counties in southern middle Tennessee. DREMC distributes quality electricity at the lowest possible cost, promotes and facilitates economic development, and enhances the quality of life for 80,500 members through 6,400 miles of line.
Equal Opportunity Employer EOE/AA M/F/D/V