Founded in 1841, Fordham is the Jesuit University of New York, offering an exceptional education distinguished by the Jesuit tradition to more than 16,000 students in its nine colleges and schools. It has residential campuses in the Bronx and Manhattan, a campus in West Harrison, N.Y., the Louis Calder Center Biological Field Station in Armonk, N.Y., and the London Centre in the United Kingdom.
The University offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental, and vision insurance; flexible spending accounts; retirement plans; life insurance; short and long-term disability; employee assistance program (EAP); tuition remission; and generous time off.
Successful candidates should have a knowledge of and commitment to the goals of Jesuit Education.
Department: Enterprise Technologies
Campus: Rose Hill (RH) - Bronx
The Senior Unix Systems Analyst works in the context of a collaborative team as expert in their area of expertise to research, analyzes, and designs solutions to meet the needs of an organization and that will integrate with existing and future solutions.
● Maintains a high level of competency several of the following areas of focus: Unix Systems Engineering, specifically with respect to supporting the following technologies:
● Maintains knowledge and/or awareness of: Active Directory, Systems Virtualization (Nutanix, VMWare), Enterprise Storage management (Dell/EMC Isilon) Cloud Infrastructure as a Service (AWS, Azure), Vendor Management, Process Automation/DevOp, System Lifecycle management.
● Assumes responsibility for System Design and advising on the Architecture of University server infrastructure. Must be able to model and plan current and future system states, including process maps, flow charts, and diagrams. Scopes project implementation and ongoing operations costs, deployment timelines, and key lifecycle planning dates.
● May provide a leadership role for medium to large projects on systems infrastructure, or work in a team on large, high-profile initiatives.
● Works on moderate to advanced technical projects or business issues. Advisesteam activity in the identification of many of the following: business requirements, functional designs, process designs, prototyping, testing, training, and defining support procedures, service levels, and restoration objectives in the event of a loss of service.
● Promotes adherence to proper processes and procedures as defined in latest documentation and industry trends, pertaining to infrastructure, design, configuration, process and procedures for systems services. Amends documentation as needed.
● Needs to be available for support (which may be off-hours). This includes acting as on-call resource during extended coverage periods on a rotating basis; Overnight, and weekend support; participating in Incident Response, Disaster Recovery, and Business Continuity testing or execution as needed.
General Sr Analyst functions
Serves as consultant to management and business groups to assess needs, develop and implement solutions
Contributes to the development of vision and direction for technical initiatives and plans, forecasting needs and maintaining currency with trends in own area of responsibility or specialization
Challenges and enhances analytical approaches or tools
Applies fact-based analysis to achieve business strategy
Reviews and validates analysis, and develops recommendations in context of functional area or full project
Facilitates constructive communication across the team
Communicates engagement status, progress, and impact to management
Assesses implication of changes in scope
Identifies changes in scope of work and communicates appropriately
Leads scope development
Helps team to understand and evaluate relationships between project goals and career development
Reviews deliverables to ensure that they meet expectations and are consistent with IT standards
Manages day to day relationships with vendors and consultants
Demonstrates knowledge of client's business model and decision-making framework and identifies areas of improvement
Provides recommendations to client and staff for technical designs and analyses
● Bachelor's degree or in lieu of the degree 4 years of relevant experience ● 8+ years relevant experience ● Planning and designing complex systems architectures, specifications and applications ● Analytical/problem solving, troubleshooting and technical skills ● Independent management of own work flow and work outcomes ● Demonstrated expertise in:
Specific application of concepts within area of technical expertise
Developing and delivering presentations of technical matters in a clear and understandable manner
Ability to interact professionally with staff and faculty
● Prior experience supporting IT in a University Environment. ● Basic understanding of the external environment and how it affects academia in general and Fordham in particular, including technical, legal, financial and social influences ● Strong understanding of technical, business and cultural environment of higher education in general and Fordham in particular ● Strong skills in the performance and supervision of the following are required:
Interaction and collaboration with vendors
Fordham University is committed to excellence through diversity and welcomes candidates of all backgrounds.
Fordham is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories
Fordham Founded in 1841, Fordham is the Jesuit University of New York, offering an exceptional education distinguished by the Jesuit tradition to more than 16,000 students in its 9 colleges and schools. It has residential campuses in the Bronx and Manhattan, a campus in West Harrison, N.Y., the Louis Calder Center Biological Field Station in Armonk, N.Y., and the London Centre in the United kingdom.