Salary commensurate with experience and credentials. The position also offers a 7.5% annual bonus opportunity and a generous benefits packaging, including a 401k with a dollar for dollar match up to 8% with immediate vesting.
4 Year Degree
Telecommuting is allowed.
Internal Number: R2003677
NJM Insurance Group is seeking an experienced actuary to add to our West Trenton, NJ (headquarters), Personal Auto pricing team. The Personal Auto pricing actuary will partner with the business to help drive profitable growth. This is a hybrid position with some on-site and some telecommuting available each week.
- Provide insight into opportunities for profitable growth.
- Perform rate reviews for Personal Auto products.
- Provide technical support for rate filings.
- Conduct InsurQuote and competitor filing analysis.
- Build and maintain SQL code to aid in factor analysis and other business analysis.
- Evaluate early results in expansion states.
- Partner with Product Management to evaluate the impact of potential product changes.
- Bachelor's degree (Mathematics, Actuarial Science or related major)
- A minimum of 2 years of Property and Casualty pricing experience
- Progress towards ACAS credential
- Experience with SAS, SQL, or related programming languages
- Experience with GLM modeling a plus
- Excellent communication skills
NJM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. NJM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to attracting, retaining and promoting a diverse and inclusive workforce that is fully representative of the diversity that exists in the communities in which we do business.
This Isn't Just Insurance. It's NJM.When you join the NJM family, you'll work with talented people who care about doing the right thing by our policyholders as well as each other. You'll be part of a financially strong and stable company that has flourished on relationships, integrity, and service for more than a century. NJM is a special place where you can propel your career, help others, and make friends — all at the same time.NJM is proud to offer our employees continuous learning options, outstanding benefits, access to wellness programs, and a wide range of opportunities to give back to the communities we are privileged to serve.Our strategic plan for regional expansion is underway. Thanks to both customer and employee dedication, NJM was recently ranked #1 in Customer Satisfaction among Auto Insurers the Mid-Atlantic Region by J.D. Power. We were also voted as one of the best places to work in NJ — as noted by Forbes.Come join us! It's time for you to make a difference alongside our remarkable team.