We are Farmers!
Join a team of diverse professionals at Farmers to acquire skills on the job and apply your learned knowledge to future roles at Farmers. Farmers Insurance also offers extensive training opportunities through the award-winning University of Farmers named by Training magazine amongst top 10 corporate training units in the world.
We are looking for customer service focused individuals to build a rewarding long-term career with us as a Bodily Injury Liability Claims Adjuster!
The candidate for this position must live in the West Zone & work Pacific Standard Time work hours.
If you are looking for the following in your next career move:
- Paid training through the award winning and industry leading University of Farmers.
- Flexibility and independence to work outside the confines of a desk job.
- Total Rewards benefits package, 401K, and a competitive starting salary.
- Rapid growth potential and management opportunities for success-oriented people through education, mentorship programs, and inspirational leadership at a company you can be proud of.
Then Farmers Insurance is the place for you!
Our Claims Adjusters will:
- Investigates, confirms coverage, determines liability, establishes damages, reports status and negotiates the settlement of assigned cases in a supervised learning environment.
- Has authority to make payment of assigned claims within prescribed limits, with supervisory review and approval.
- Use claims handling software and laptop to determine claims related bodily injury in a paperless environment
- Represents the Company from a public relations standpoint and must conduct oneself as a member of Management at all times.
- Use strong customer service skills to negotiate with policyholders to settle the claim.
If you have the following:
- High School diploma or equivalent required. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills.
- Eagerness to learn about insurance policies and bodily injury claims from the inside out to identify how coverage applies to a particular loss.
- Outgoing personality that would enjoy interacting with a wide variety of people including policyholders, claimants, agents, witnesses, and fraud investigators.
- Valid driver's license.
Candidates must be willing and able to:
- Travel within the assigned territory
Bending Pulling Sorting Carrying up to 20 lbs. Pushing Speaking (English) Climbing Reaching Standing Key entering Reading (English) Walking Kneeling Seeing Writing (English)
Required job duties are normally performed in a climate-controlled office environment, but with exposure to some or all of the following environments when in the field: Uncontrolled outside environmental conditions Excessive noise levels Chemicals Chemical/Biological conditions Moving mechanical parts Areas considered dangerous Conditions which could affect the respiratory system or skin such as: fumes, odors, dust, mists, gases, oils, smoke, soot, or poor ventilation
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Customer service experience, preferably in a retail environment
- Candidate qualifications may be reviewed against the requirements for the associated levels of this position's core function
- Must achieve minimum passing score on all claims training exams
Bilingual candidates will be eligible to earn additional multilingual pay!
Special Skill Requirement
- Excellent communication skills – both written and oral
- Computer skills - MS Word, Excel, Outlook
- Proficiency with smartphones and applications
- Valid driver's license
- Farmers offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience, qualifications and location
- CO Only: The pay range for this job being performed in CO would be $52-$69k
- Bonus Opportunity (based on Company and Individual Performance)
- Health Savings and Flexible Spending Accounts
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Tuition Assistance
- For more information, review “What we offer” on https://www.farmers.com/careers/
Job Location(s): US - CO - Remote, US - CA - Remote, US - AZ - Remote, US - WA - Remote, US - AZ - Phoenix-23800, US - CA - Burbank, US - CA - Fresno-Marks, US - CA - Oakland, US - CA - Sacramento-KSt, US - CO - Breckenridge, US - CO - Centennial, US - CO - Colorado Springs, US - CO - ColrdoSpg-1150, US - CO - ColrdoSpg-Brigt, US - CO - ColrdoSpg-Ctadl, US - CO - Denver, US - CO - Denver-16th, US - CO - Denver-Broadway, US - CO - Denver-DTCPrkwy, US - CO - Denver-Fiddlers, US - CO - Denver-Hampden, US - CO - Durango, US - CO - Englewood, US - CO - Fort Collins, US - CO - Fort Collins-JF, US - CO - Grand Junction, US - CO - Pueblo, US - CO - Vail, US - CO - Westminster, US - ID - Boise, US - ID - Pocatello-2500, US - ID - Remote, US - MT - Billings-27thSt, US - MT - Missoula, US - MT - Remote, US - NV - LsVgas-E 1st St, US - NV - Remote, US - NV - Reno-Moana, US - OR - Bend, US - OR - Portland, US - OR - Remote, US - UT - Ogden, US - UT - Remote, US - UT - Salt Lake City, US - WA - Seattle