ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for assisting with conducting the analysis, design, development, and evaluation of eLearning, classroom learning (live and virtual), blended learning, informal learning, and other solutions as needed according to department standards, processes, and best practices.
- Assist in working with stakeholders and subject matter experts to determine and validate audience needs.
- Assist with ensuring that learning solutions align with organizational goals and priorities.
- Apply instructional design theories, standards and best practices to produce effective learning and development solutions while maximizing quality and minimizing cost.
- Operate audio and video recording equipment, staying up-to-date on production techniques such as high-definition and green screen technology, and conducting post-production editing.
- Responsible for assisting with high-level Learning Management System (LMS) administration.
- Assist with uploading, testing and deploying SCORM (Shareable Content Object Reference Model) and AICC (Aviation Industry CBT Committee) compliant courseware.
- Assist with managing project timeline, resources, and deliverables according to the functional areas' standards and best practices.
- May be involved with assisting with conducting and managing consultative project meetings with stakeholders.
- Assist with working on multiple projects simultaneously and managing resources to maximize efficiencies, quality, and effectiveness while meeting deadlines.
- Assist with developing and managing project timelines, resources, and deliverables according to an approved project plan.
- Track and evaluate the quality of learning programs, participants' progress within learning programs, and the cost effectiveness of learning programs. Explore ways to improve results.
- Responsible for Learning Management System (LMS) administration. Creating, uploading, testing, deploying, and assigning courseware and employee training records.
- Assist management with surveys, analyses and identification of employee training and development needs. Regularly assists with special projects in support of the Learning & Design Manager.
- Coordinate and/or facilitate instructor-led training to support specific learning and development programs.
- Maintain compliance with all company policies and procedures and attain knowledge and remain knowledgeable of regulations, laws, standards, and best practices applicable to functional area.
- Because Tri-State has an obligation to provide continuous, reliable electric service to its customers, the ability to work overtime at any time of the day or week is considered an essential function of the job.
- Perform other related duties as assigned
SUCCESS FACTORS/JOB COMPETENCIES:
- Planning: Ability to think ahead and with the assistance of the Learning and Development Manager and/or Lead Instructional Designer/Developer, plan work assignments.
- Time management: the ability to organize work and with the assistance of the Learning and Development Manager and/or Lead Instructional Designer/Developer, set priorities to meet deadlines.
- Problem analysis and problem resolution at both strategic and functional levels.
- Accuracy and quality of work.
- Commitment to company values.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to develop and maintain effective working relationships with both internal and external contacts.
- Strong team player.
REQUIRED JOB QUALIFICATIONS
Education and Training
- Bachelor's degree in Instructional Systems Technology, Instructional Design, Multimedia eLearning Development, or related discipline required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Ability:
- Knowledge of instructional design processes, theory, and best practices.
- Knowledge of design documentation, sequencing content and determining appropriate learning strategies.
- Knowledge of adult learning theories, methods, and strategies of sound adult instructional design techniques.
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task by working on multiple projects while staying focused on quality, deadlines, budget expectations, and business results.
- Proficient technical writing skills and use of creative messaging design principles (use of language, grammar, spelling, and organizing content to achieve desired outcomes).
- Proficient teamwork and collaborative skills.
- Must possess proficient communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Effective project management skills and the ability to organize, plan, and deliver results effectively.
- Eight (8) or more years of experience as an instructional designer/developer producing learning solutions that that accommodate a variety of delivery modes and methods in a professional/business environment.
- Experience in instructional design, technical writing, and multimedia eLearning development.
- Experience researching content, gleaning information from technical, soft skill, and business documentation, or other SME resources.
- Experience with graphic design tools and training development applications such as MS PowerPoint and Word, Articulate, Captivate, and the ability to develop learning solutions that support audience needs and organizational goals.
- Willingness to travel as required. (Must possess a valid driver's license.)
- Must be able to demonstrate that he/she can perform all of the essential functions of the job.
DESIRED JOB QUALIFICATIONS
- Electric utility experience in a power generation and/or transmission operations and maintenance trades and crafts specialty area, a plus.
- Master's degree
Note:The above requirements describe the experience and education qualifications for the Senior Instructional Designer/Developer. Those with less experience will be hired at the Instructional Designer/Developer I, II or III job grade level, as appropriate.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL DEMANDS: The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical demands: While performing the duties of this position, the employee may be required to move and set-up camera and video equipment, large displays, photo canvases and framed pieces.
Mental demands: While performing the duties of this position, the employee will be required to problem solve, work quickly under deadline pressure at times, initiate creative solutions to design projects, suggest presentation solutions for complex concepts or charting and use discretion and judgment for confidential or sensitive projects or issues.
Work Environment: While performing the duties of this position, the employee is primarily in an office environment but may be exposed to power plant and transmission field facilities including telecommunications and microwave equipment, power stations, substations or high voltage lines.