Job Description Summary
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Ensure the day-to-day operations of the facility(ies) or campus, including custodial, life-safety, engineering, site services, and general maintenance, are implemented and carried out in a manner consistent with C&W policies and client directives
* Manage all contracts to ensure they are reviewed on a regular basis and are bid out as required; verify that invoices match contract pricing
* Supervise all maintenance programs relating to the interior and exterior conditions and appearance of the properties
* Respond positively and promptly to requests from building tenants and occupants. Oversee the implementation of ongoing contract programs to constantly assess tenant and occupant needs and to ensure problems are being solved promptly to the mutual benefit of the tenant, client, and the properties in accordance with contract scope and Service Level Agreements (SLA's)
* Ensure that all site-specific documentation and reports are completed accurately and on time, including (and as applicable): Property Information Book, Site Operating Manual, Emergency Procedures Manual, IIPP Manual, Local Code Compliance Log, ADA Compliance Log, OSHA Log, Safety Meeting Log, Elevator Logs, Janitorial Log, Purchase Order Log, Vendor Certificates of Insurance, As-built Drawings, IIPP Manual, Paid Invoices File, General Files, Contract Files, Annual Property Conditions and Year-end Performance Report, and other reports and documentation, as required
* Prepare, review, and give initial approval and as needed all budgets, financial reports (monthly and quarterly), contracts, expenditures and purchase orders related to the facility(ies) or complex.
* Coordinate the preparation and publication of the annual budget, quarterly reforecast, and business plans
* Assist in the development of capital budgets for the property. This includes contributions towards a five-year plan of maintenance, facility improvement, and cost reduction initiatives
* Collect, analyze and report statistical data as may be required to provide accurate and current assessment of facility management objectives
* Hire, train and motivate facility personnel. Maintain positive staff relations. Conduct or approve performance evaluations for staff
* Thoroughly familiar with the management contract and all requirements contained therein
* Monitor and ensure that tenants and vendors comply with insurance requirements and coordinate all claims, as required
Shall possess at a minimum at least 5 years of recent (within the past 7 years) experience in the management and supervision of building mechanical maintenance operations for a building of the approximately 1. 5 Million Square Feet.
The Project Manager shall meet at least two of the following minimum requirements:
a) Professional designations such as Real Property Administrator (RPA), or Facilities Management Administrator (FMA) from The Building Owners and Managers Institute (BOMI); or
b) Certified Property Manager (CPM) from The Institute of Real Estate Management (IREM); or
c) Certified Facilities Manager (CFM) from the International Facility Management Association (IFMA); or
d) College associates degree in building management, real property management, real estate management, or other degree in office building management or operations; or any four year degree; or a minimum of 10 years supportable building management experience.
1. Communication Proficiency (oral and written)
2. Technical Proficiency
3. Problem Solving/Analysis
5. Teamwork Orientation
6. Relationship Management
7. Financial Management
8.Experience in leasing, construction, engineering and all facets of property operation and building management preferred
9. CMMS/Work Order Management experience preferred
ADDITIONAL ELIGIBILITY QUALIFICATIONS
* Certified Facility Manager (CFM), International Facilities Management Association (IFMA), Building Owners and Managers Association (BOMA) industry certifications recommended; other Engineering, Business or technical training or certifications preferred
* Ability to read and understand construction specifications and blueprints
* Proficient in understanding management agreements and contract language
* Excellent computer and systems knowledge: Strong literacy in Microsoft Office Suite (MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
* Strong discipline of financial management including financial tracking, budgeting and forecasting
* Knowledge of Financial Systems (Yardi a plus)
* Skilled in Building Management Systems maintenance and monitoring
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. May be required to travel outside between properties in varying weather conditions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate with others and exchange accurate information; operate a computer and other office productivity machinery; move about the workplace; remain in a stationary position for 50-75% of the time; and extend hands and arms in any direction.
C&W provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Further, C&W takes affirmative action to ensure that applicants are employed and employees during employment are treated without regard to any of these characteristics. Discrimination of any type will not be tolerated.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive list of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Note: This job description includes the core responsibilities for C&W. These duties may have slight modifications based on the regional location.
C&W Services is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position at Cushman & Wakefield, please call the ADA line at 1-888-365-5406 or email HRServices@cushwake.com. Please refer to the job title and job location when you contact us.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position at Cushman & Wakefield, email HRServices@cushwake.com or HRServices@cwservices.com. All inquiries not related to accommodations will go unanswered.