Location: TEMECULA, California
Join the Southwest Healthcare Team!
Creating Health and Harmony, Southwest Healthcare is a comprehensive network of care with convenient hospital and ambulatory care/outpatient locations here to serve the Southern California community. With over 7,000 passionate providers and healthcare employees, our shared goal is to provide convenient access to a wide range of healthcare services in a way that benefits you, your family, and the entire community.
Southwest Healthcare is comprised of five acute care hospitals and several non-hospital access points, including: Corona Regional Medical Center, Palmdale Regional Medical Center, Southwest Healthcare Rancho Springs Hospital, Southwest Healthcare Inland Valley Hospital and Temecula Valley Hospital, Temecula Valley Day Surgery, A+ Urgent Care Centers, and Riverside Medical Clinics. We've won various awards throughout our region and focus on career development and promotion, where the people are at the core of everything we do. If you are looking for a career and not just a job, you're in the right place! For more information on how to join our dynamic team, please visit our website at www.swhealthcaresystem.com.
The Southwest Healthcare Regional office in Temecula, CA is seeking an entry level Medical Records Analyst who will be onsite and collaborate with staff acrross the Region. Duties include but not limited to:
- Auditing medical record charts
- Accurately reviewing them according to established Medical Staff Bylaws, Medical Staff Rules and Regulations and Federal and State Statutes.
- High School Graduate or equivilent required.
- Associate's degree from an accredited College or University in Medical Records Science preferred.
- Completion of an introductory course of Medical Terminology required.
- Two (2) to Three (3) years of experience in Medical Records required, acute care experience preferred. Equivalent education in lieu of experience will be considered.
- Prior knowledge of State and Federal release of information laws preferred.
- Must have valid California Driver's License and reliable transportation.
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Must have knowledge of PC and applications.
- Must possess an ability to use and access reference material and make decisions upholding Medical Staff Bylaws, Rules and Regulations, The Joint Commission standards, Federal and State (Title 22) statute, as it relates to medical records completion.
- Demonstrates the ability to adhere to all Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), Federal and State statute, as it related to proper and improper releases.
- Demonstrates a high level of awareness in protecting patient P.H.I., including double check using two patient identifiers for verification of documentation that may be given to outside agencies or patients.
- Demonstrates compliance with hospital policies and procedures at all times.
- Ability to set priorities and appropriately prioritize workload and complete assignments in a timely manner.
- Demonstrates excellent organizational skills and detail oriented.
- Demonstrates ability to relate to clinical personnel and medical staff, as well as ability to interact well with the public.
- Demonstrates effective communication with all customers (i.e. medical staff, hospital staff, patients, etc.) regardless of communication method. Utilizes principles of AIDET for framework of conservations.
- Must possess a fundamental knowledge of computer skills, phone skills, fax, and copying.
- Must possess knowledge of medical terminology.
- Demonstrates stable emotional makeup required to perform in a fast-pace environment with frequent interruptions.
- Demonstrates ability to handle emergency or crisis situations.
- Demonstrates the ability to utilize the language line to communicate with patients as appropriate.
- Demonstrates the ability to search out and verify previous medical record number, issue new numbers when applicable and notify the appropriate HIM staff member for correction completion.
- Challenging and rewarding work environment
- Competitive Compensation & Generous Paid Time Off
- Excellent Medical, Dental, Vision and Prescription Drug Plans
- 401(K) with company match and discounted stock plan
- SoFi Student Loan Refinancing Program
- Tuition, CEU, Certification, Licenses Reimbursement program
- Career development opportunities within UHS and its 300+ Subsidiaries
Southwest Healthcare is owned and operated by subsidiaries of Universal Health Services, Inc. (UHS), a King of Prussia, PA-based company, that is one of the largest healthcare management companies in the nation.
UHS is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or e-mails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at UHS; via e-mail, the Internet or in any other form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for the above-listed position will be deemed the sole property of UHS. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by UHS as a result of the referral or through other means.
All UHS subsidiaries are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates. UHS subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers and as such, openly support and fully commit to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion and compensation of individuals without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), genetic information, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
We believe that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success.
At UHS and all subsidiaries, our Human Resources departments and recruiters are here to help prospective candidates with matching skillset and experience with the best possible career at UHS and our subsidiaries. We take pride in creating a highly efficient and best in class candidate experience. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Hotmail, Gmail, Yahoo Mail etc. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by contacting us at: https://uhs.alertline.com or 1-800-852-3449.