ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead the design, testing and implementation of the Energy Management monthly rolling and long-term financial forecasts as needed.
- Ensures that the Hyperion forecasting system is up to date and proactively manages the timeliness and accuracy of inputs. Flags new estimates and proposes methodologies for forecasting them.
- Initiate, organize and facilitate effective communication and alignment among all affected personnel and functional areas whose information flows to and from the Energy Management forecasts.
- Develop and maintain Energy Management forecasting procedures documentation and provides training for personnel as necessary.
- Reviews variances to the Energy Management budgets and forecasts and makes recommendations to minimize risk.
- Maintain an in-depth knowledge of Tri-State's resources, obligations, and rates as they relate to the Energy Management financial forecasts.
- Work with Resource Planning Analysts and Engineers to ensure timely, accurate forecast results from our dispatch model.
- Validate the accuracy of the dispatch model compared to actual data to accurately portray Tri-State's open position risk.
- Ensure adherence to critical infrastructure requirements.
- Represent Tri-State on various external committees.
- Because Tri-State is an electric utility with continuous service obligations to its customers, regular, reliable, and predictable performance of the essential functions and responsibilities is an essential function of the job.
- Because Tri-State has an obligation to provide continuous, reliable electric service to its customers, the ability to work overtime at any time of the day or week is considered an essential function of the job.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform other related duties as assigned
SUCCESS FACTORS/JOB COMPETENCIES:
- Planning: ability to think ahead and plan within timelines and resources; develop scopes, plan and schedule work; set priorities and goals; anticipate and adjust for problems; evaluate workloads; measure and evaluate performance against established goals.
- Is detail-oriented and provides quality work products within prescribed deadlines.
- Time management: ability to successfully plan and implement objectives within established timelines and work schedules.
- Problem-solving: Ability to analyze problems and develop effective solutions at both strategic and functional levels.
- Demonstrate behavior consistent with company values.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong team player accomplishes tasks by working with others and being a good team player. Recognizes how his/her decisions may impact others; seeks input from others.
- Computer proficiency in operating a personal computer and standard business office applications including Microsoft Office suite, databases, and other related applications.
- Ability to work independently, with minimal direction as a highly motivated self-starter.
REQUIRED JOB QUALIFICATIONS
Education and Training
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Renewable Energy, Engineering, Mathematics or related discipline.
Knowledge, Skills, and Ability:
- Knowledge of financial accounting or financial forecasting.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Highly skilled in the use of personal computers including standard suite of business office applications including database and spreadsheet applications.
- Must have the ability to analyze complex technical data and prepare concise, accurate reports.
- Must have excellent problem-solving skills.
- Must possess the ability to efficiently and effectively organize and delegate work and must also possess the ability and willingness to lead others to accomplish objectives.
- Must work effectively with others within and outside the Energy Management functional area as well as with external vendors, consultants and cooperatives.
- Must be able and willing to take initiative and work independently.
- Willingness to travel, as required. Estimated travel is less than 5% annually.
- Must be able to demonstrate that he/she can perform all of the essential functions of the position.
- Eligible for 50% telework, contingent upon good performance.
DESIRED JOB QULAIFICATIONS:
- Proficiency with Oracle and Hyperion
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills, including the ability to do pivot tables, graph, perform vlookups and other complex formulas.
- Knowledge of the electric utility industry.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL DEMANDS: The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical demands: While performing the duties of this position, the incumbent is required to sit for long periods of time and occasionally stand, walk, stoop, bend, reach above and below shoulder level up to 10 lbs. Incumbent is frequently required to use hands and fingers to handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls, talk and hear. Incumbent must have finger dexterity, good vision, good color vision, good hearing, and ability to speak clearly, and handle intricate work.
Mental demands: While performing the duties of this job, the incumbent is required to read, write, perform basic math, analyze data and reports, exercise judgment, develop plans, procedures and goals, and present information to others and work under pressure.
Work Environment: While performing the duties of this position, the incumbent is exposed to dust and exposed to electrical risks, works around large industrial operating equipment.