FOR USE BY IT AND HSIS ONLY: The University of Alabama at Birmingham (UAB) is seeking a Functional Analyst - ENT to provide support for assigned systems to both internal and external customers. To act as a liaison across multiple departments to facilitate request analysis, problem analysis, and process improvement. To utilize technical knowledge and abilities to participate in system design and testing as well as maintain system tables and files within the assigned scope of responsibility. To serve in an advisory role to support advances in clinical and business functioning by applying information technology processes and common technical resources in assigned scope. To work on special projects, as assigned. This position will commit to fostering an environment of heightened security following Information Technology Security Policies and participating in security training, such as Health Insurance Portability & Accountability Act (HIPAA) and Family Education Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA), on an annual basis.
1. Processing monthly and annual billing of IT services using MySoft, SQL Server and custom windows and web based programs.
2. Creates ad-hoc and recurring reports from a variety of data sources, and in a variety of formats, for both internal IT users and external customers using SQL, Visual Studio, Crystal Reports, Excel and Word. Writes custom programs and creates scheduled jobs on MS SQL Servers and Windows Servers to automate reports.
3. Maintains MS SQL and MS Access databases. Controls access, configures, maintains, investigates, troubleshoots, and debugs errors, creates and schedules jobs, creates databases, tables, queries, and views.
4. Administers and configures processes in the ServiceNow enterprise ITSM system, including but not limited to user/group access, ticket creation and assignment and report creation.
5. Uses MS SQL Server, MySoft, Crystal Reports, Visual Studio.
6. May serve as system administrator for specific, department used systems. The ideal candidate will show an eagerness to learn and be able to prioritize assignments.
(Annual Salary: $43,235 - $70,255)
Associate's degree in Information Systems or a related field and one (1) year of related experience required. Work experience may substitute for education requirement.
Preferred Skills: Programming experience with preference to SQL, Python, C# or java, Pro
:191003000 IT Business Data Svcs
Work Arrangement (final schedule to be determined by the department/hiring manager):Hybrid Eligible
In fall 2018, UAB had a third consecutive year of record-high over all enrollment with 21,923 students, including its largest freshman class ever (2,299), with enrollment growth in every school on campus and in the acclaimed UAB Honors College. The freshman class had an average ACT of 25.2 and GPA of 3.73- both higher than 2017. UAB's students are talented and diverse, with minority students making up 40.5 percent of the freshman class and 39.7 percent of the entire of the student body. Logo Logo UAB is was recently recognized as the Top Young University in the U.S. and 10th globally in the Times Higher Education World University Rankings. UAB research expenditures are at a record high, exceeding $562 million in FY17, and UAB ranks 15th in federal funding nationally among public universities (top 4 percent) and 31st overall (top 5 percent). In National Institutes of Health funding, UAB ranks 8th among public universities (top 2 percent) and 23rd overall (top 4 percent) with more than $244 million. UAB Health system has over one million patient visits annually and is home to Alabama's largest hospital and the 3rd largest public hospital in the U.S. UAB houses the state's only level ...1 adult trauma center and the only National Cancer Institute-designated Comprehensive Cancer Center in Alabama and a five-state region. UAB is the state's largest single-site employer, with more than 23,000 employees, and has an annual economic impact of over $7.15 billion on Alabama.