We are Farmers!
We are… more than just your favorite commercials. We are a passionate, award winning, equal opportunity employer, committed to the strength of a diverse workforce. We are dedicated to supporting the well-being of our people through our extensive suite of benefits, as well as the well-being of the communities we serve through employee volunteer programs and nonprofit partnerships. Helping others in their time of need isn’t just our business – it’s our culture! We are Farmers!
Do you thrive in a high-volume, fast-paced environment? Do you enjoy the challenge of a position where no two days are alike? We are looking for positive, high-energy professionals who are not just looking for a job, but a meaningful career!
What you'll get to do as an intern...
Farmers believes in the diversity of our employees, ideas, and experiences, and we are committed to building an inclusive culture that represents the communities we serve. We are seeking curious, passionate, and hard-working students from quantitative academic fields to partake in our paid summer internship program. The program will be highly collaborative and immersive, with interns working on real business problems that can span multiple business units within the complex insurance landscape: Product, Actuarial, Analytics, R&D, Underwriting, Finance, Sales, Marketing, Operations, Distribution, IT. But it won’t be all work! Our executive leadership will host virtual learning sessions with our interns to discuss career aspirations as well as other events throughout the summer.
What you'll accomplish...
Interns will work alongside project mentors and project leads that will help contextualize the work. Over the course of the summer, interns will ultimately be immersed within an Actuarial team gaining valuable exposure to the tools and technology that will help you secure 'real world' work experience. You will be integrated within a team and have access to the Farmers Leadership team.
- This is a 10 to 12-week paid summer internship
- 40-hour work week
- Future full-time opportunities may be available for high performers
Currently pursuing a Bachelors (BS/BA) or Masters (MS/MA) degree in Actuarial Science or Mathematics
Rising Junior or Senior level or pursuing Masters' degree
You'll thrive if you have...
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Ability to manipulate and analyze data to address and solve business problems
- Willingness to independently learn and make an impact within a team environment
- Preferred but not required: proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and exposure to at least one programming language, such as Python, R, SQL, VBA
- Farmers offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience, qualifications and location
- Colorado Only: The pay range for this job being performed in Colorado would be $19.50/hour - $20.50/hour for undergrads
- Paid Time Off
- For more information, review “What we offer” on https://www.farmers.com/careers/
Job Location(s): R_US - RW - Remote Work
Farmers is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the strength of a diverse workforce.