At Frederick Community College we proudly serve the educational needs of our students, help develop the economic vitality of our local communities, and enrich the lives of Frederick County residents. Each year, more than 16, 000 students take a diverse scope of courses at Frederick Community College, located in Frederick, Maryland. Our vast range of courses includes quality instruction in more than 85 degree and certificate programs as well as workforce training and continuing education to meet the needs and interests of our community members. FCC proudly embraces and showcases academics, arts, athletics and more to provide pathways to success for all students. Each year we provide direct service to thousands of residents and indirect services to countless more. We credit our ability to deliver these services to the strength and commitment of our people. We invite you to explore all that we have to offer!
Relocation Provided?: No
The IT Help Desk Technician provides Tier 1 support for instructional, administrative, and student technologies located throughout the College. The IT Help Desk Technician responds to requests for end-user assistance in a fast-paced environment. Support will include computer replacement, software installation, and troubleshooting and repairing in person, over the phone, and remotely via support software. Must have the ability to use varying styles, approaches, skills, and techniques that reflect an understanding and acceptance of the role of culture in a diverse, multicultural workplace.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The following are the functions essential to performing this job:
1. Respond to incoming calls to the Help Desk and serve as first point of contact for students and employees seeking technical support.
2. Create Help Desk tickets as calls or walk-in support is requested.
3. Provide timely and clear communication and ensure tickets are open and updated until resolution.
4. Exhibit a strong customer service orientation and a positive, professional image when interacting with the College community.
5. Troubleshoot and resolve issues reported to the Help Desk (Tier 1) and escalate to IT Desktop Technicians (Tier 2) as needed.
6. Assist with the configuration, set-up, and deployment of IT equipment.
7. Adhere to the highest professional ethical standards in order to secure and protect confidential data.
8. Maintain accurate and timely documentation in the IT asset inventory system.
9. Work cooperatively and collaboratively as a team member (e.g. sharing information, participating in team meetings).
10. Demonstrate initiative and follow-through with minimal supervision.
11. Keep IT work area and labs clean, organized, and secured.
12. Ability to lift 25 pounds and ability to move 75+ pounds.
13. Perform other duties as assigned.
Salary: $23.48 hourly
FCC offers a generous benefits package which includes medical insurance, dental and vision plans, waiver of FCC tuition for employee and eligible dependents, tuition reimbursement, generous leave benefits, retirement plans, and more! Frederick Community College prohibits discrimination against any person on the basis of age, ancestry, citizenship status, color, creed, ethnicity, gender identity and expression, genetic information, marital status, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religious affiliation, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status in its activities, admissions, educational programs, and employment. Frederick Community College, an equal opportunity employer, values campus diversity in students and staff and encourages members from historically under-represented groups to apply.
Frederick Community College (FCC) is a public college accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education (MSCHE). FCC is distinguished by its quality and affordability, making it attainable and valuable for local students. Accredited programs, comprehensive instruction, and affordable costs of attendance have made FCC the learning destination for more than 200,000 students since 1957.