We're individuals from different cultures and backgrounds. Those differences make us stronger as a team and a force for good in our communities. Here, you'll work with dynamic individuals, build your skills, and unleash new ways of working and thinking. Are you ready to join an organization that will help unlock your potential?
The Chief Accounting Office is seeking an energetic and results-oriented GAAP Reporting Analyst to join our team in Charlotte, North Carolina. This position is responsible for insurance industry financial statement preparation and analysis.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
* Preparation of basic financial reports and schedules
* Support data gathering for quarterly and annual footnotes
* Responsible for gathering, analyzing and prioritizing financial deliverables to facilitate review and analysis for the department and Senior management
* Responsible for providing supporting documentation and narratives for audit requests
* Assist in monitoring consolidation process
* Assist in researching new/and existing SEC reporting
* Supports special project requests
Accounting: Knowledge of accounting methods, processes, and tools; ability to maintain and prepare financial statements and reports using accounting methods and processes.
Cross-functional Collaboration: Knowledge of collaborative techniques and approaches; ability to promote a culture of continuous improvement and working together across functions to solve business problems and meet business goals.
Finance and Accounting: Knowledge of finance and accounting practices, financial analysis, and reporting; ability to apply finance knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.
Financial Reporting: Knowledge of processes, methods, and tools of financial reporting; ability to create and maintain accurate and thorough financial reports.
Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP): Knowledge of the generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP); ability to apply GAAP appropriately within the organization.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion: Demonstrates a commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion by treating everyone with respect and dignity, ensuring all voices are heard and advocating for change.
The GAAP Reporting Analyst requires skills related to the understanding and application of technical accounting standards and financial reporting. Required skills include working technical knowledge and demonstrated experience in the areas of financial accounting, reporting and analysis.
* Bachelors degree
* 2+ years of GAAP accounting experience
* Understanding of accounting and reporting concepts
* Proven ability to multi-task while continuing to ensure attention to detail
* Demonstrates analytical skills
* Insurance industry reporting experience is a plus
* Demonstrates ability to work independently and meet project deadlines within a fast-paced team environment
* Strong knowledge of MS products (Excel, Word, Powerpoint)
At Equitable, we're a team of over ten thousand strong; committed to helping our clients secure their financial well-being so that they can pursue long and fulfilling lives.
We turn challenges into opportunities by thinking, working, and leading differently - where everyone is a leader. We encourage every employee to leverage their unique talents to become a force for good at Equitable and in their local communities.
We are continuously investing in our people by offering growth, internal mobility, comprehensive compensation and benefits to support overall well-being, flexibility, and a culture of collaboration and teamwork.
We are looking for talented, dedicated, purposeful people who want to make an impact. Join Equitable and pursue a career with purpose.
Equitable is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to our employees, applicants and candidates based on individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disabilities, sexual orientation, veteran status, genetic information or any other class protected by federal, state and local laws.
NOTE: Equitable participates in the E-Verify program.
If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process or to perform the essential job functions of this position, please contact Human Resources at (212) 314-2211 or email us at TalentAcquisition@equitable.com .