Napa Valley College is seeking an Audience Development Specialist for the Performing Arts Center. This position is responsible for identifying and pursuing opportunities to engage and grow diverse audiences through effective marketing and development campaigns. This position reports to the Senior Dean, Arts & Sciences.
The Performing Arts Center is dedicated to the instruction of theater, music and film studies as well as producing seasonal public performances as part of the college academic programs.
This is a 20 hours per week, 12-month/year, salaried professional position. Classified according to Education Code Section 88003, the position is neither an academic nor a classified position, is non-tenure track, does not accrue seniority, and is employment at will.Employment is dependent on satisfactory work performance. Initial prorated salary placement is $2,055/month, with future steps up to $2,623/month.The college offers a fringe benefit package including medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance, employee assistance program, and public retirement system membership.The district benefit allotment is prorated for less-than-full time employees.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Provide Support for Marketing/Communications
Develops and implements the annual marketing calendar for Performing Arts events. Creates and executes marketing plans in collaboration with the Performing Arts Artistic Director and Office of Public Affairs and Communications.in accordance with prescribed distribution schedules, required styles, and projected budgets. Increases ticket sales through group sales, target marketing, networking, and prospecting.
Provide Event Support and Development Activities
Coordinates ticketing for all Performing Arts Center events, including on-line sales, annual subscriptions, mail-in purchases, phone purchases, group sales, student matinees, walk-up sale, and charitable donations of tickets. Creates donor cultivation and corporate sponsorship opportunities for the Performing Arts Center.
Provide Digital Media Oversight
Creates and manages public digital content for performing arts center events, including ticket availability and purchase information through phone, e-blasts, website, social media, and other collateral materials.
Regularly updates websites, social media sites, and local listserv with upcoming and current performing arts events.
Coordinates production of all theater performance and music event collateral materials such as web, social media, printed postcards, posters, brochures, playbills, etc. Other duties as assigned.
A.Applicants must complete the online application through GovernmentJobs.com.All elements of the application, including supplemental questions, must be submitted in order for the application to be considered complete.
Internal applicants are still required to submit a complete application packet for this position. This includes submission of transcripts and all other required application materials.
The District will not accept materials by e-mail, fax, or mail for this position.
SPECIAL ACCOMMODATIONS: If you are in need of special services or facilities due to a disability in order to apply or interview for this opening, please contact the Office of Human Resources, Training & Development.
Napa Valley College, an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer, maintains a drug-free workplace and requires that employees abide by that policy.
For more information, contact the Office of Human Resources, Training & Development:
2277 Napa-Vallejo Highway
Napa, CA 94558
For technical support, contact NEOGOV at (855) 524-5627.
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution.
• Minimum of 2 years of experience in marketing, sales, or development.
• Demonstrated ability to exercise sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, faculty, and staff.
• Demonstrate a knowledge and passion for the arts.
• Ability to thrive in a busy environment.
• Ability to strategize, set, and meet single ticket and group sales goals each fiscal year that will reach and serve diverse communities.
• Strong sales-oriented skills, including ability to network and build solid relationships in a variety of environments.
• Previous experience with website development and maintenance.
• Strong written and oral communication skills, including experience in providing superior customer service and communicating effectively with a variety of people.
• Ability to work under deadlines, solve practical problems, and prioritize needs in a variety of situations.
• Knowledge of computer software including the Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe products.
• Experience with professional use of social media campaigns and new technologies.
• Experience in grant writing and/or grant management.
• Experience preparing press releases and writing content for public information.
• Experience with social media platforms, ticketing software and procedures.
Title 8, USC, Section 1324-A requires verification of eligibility for employment in the United States.
Napa Valley College is a vital part of a community known for its cultural amenities and year-round mild climate. We are dedicated to providing quality programs and services that promote learning and enhance individual development. The college has a rich tradition of educating generations of Napa Valley residents. We serve more than 5,000 students at our main campus and at a satellite campus in St. Helena. We are small enough to maintain a nurturing atmosphere, yet large enough to implement innovative educational programs and activities. We are a place where students are ""first and foremost"" in all we do. We are also an hour away from the San Francisco Bay Area. Our Faculty, Staff, and Students Napa Valley College has 114 full-time faculty positions and over 150 part-time faculty. More than 150 classified staff members and 55 administrators support our educational programs. We are a community of people excited about learning, and the college promotes and supports a spirit of teamwork.