The future is full of possibilities. At Banner Health, we're excited about what the future holds for health care. That's why we're changing the industry to make the experience the best it can be. If you're ready to change lives, we want to hear from you.
We are the finance team for the BUHP Insurance Division. We prepare the monthly financials and do all the required reporting to AHCCCS and Medicare.
This is a daily busy role. This position has a lot of tasks regarding the mail, bank deposits, provider refunds, reconciliations, Journal Entries, analysis and reporting. You will need to have 2-3 years accounting experience, healthcare accounting a plus. Experience with Balance Sheet Recons and a strong proficiency with Excel.
Help move health care into the future. At Banner Health we are changing health care to make the experience the best it can be. If that sounds like something you want to be part of, apply today.
This is a remote position in Tucson, AZ. Local candidates only.
Banner Health Network (BHN) is an accountable care organization that joins Arizona's largest health care provider, Banner Health, and an extensive network of primary care and specialty physicians to provide the most comprehensive healthcare solutions for Maricopa County and parts of Pinal County. Through BHN, known nationally as an innovative leader in new health care models, insurance plans and physicians are coming together to work collaboratively to keep members in optimal health, while reducing costs.
POSITION SUMMARY This position provides financial decision support for operations by providing management with information for use in planning, controlling and improving operations and making strategic decisions.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Prepares alternate and complete financial and statistical reports by identifying appropriate sources of data and meaningful financial indicators. This includes the coordination of the facility month end close process and the required participation with corporate finance.
2. Creates and generates reports used to analyze data.
3. Maintains accurate statistical, contractual or other financial databases, as assigned.
4. Works with other analysts to manage key financial processes within facility (including operating budgets, forecasts, program reporting and analysis, charge management, cost accounting, decision support and reimbursement analysis.
5. Acts as a technical resource and liaison to system management, administrators, department heads, and co-workers on financial related issues.
6. Works on problems requiring data analysis and the evaluation of identifiable factors. Typically receives general instruction on routine work. Exercises judgment within generally defined practices and polices in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions. Position interacts with Regulatory Agencies, Information Services Benefits, Finance and Human Resources ensure timely, accurate and efficient reporting of data and processes. Incumbent must be able to read and understand technical pronouncements, identify compliance issues and make independent decisions.
Requires Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance or equivalent experience.
Requires a proficiency level typically attained with zero to two years experience in healthcare finance. Must be able to work with minimal supervision and prioritize multiple projects.
Proven analytical skills are necessary. Must be proficient use of sophisticated software programs and office desktop applications. Excellent human relations, organizational and communication skills are required.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
What might draw you to Banner Health? A great health care career, of course—and a great place to live, no matter what stage of life you’re in. With facilities across the West, there is a health care career for everyone, from big city living in the Phoenix area to friendly small towns in the mountains and plains. As one of the largest nonprofit health systems in the country, Banner Health offers both the stability that comes with success and the possibility of exploring new areas of the country. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages:
Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health.
Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible.
The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path.
Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.